New PB carp...well I think so anyway.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
I went to my carp spot on the conestoga with my roommate from around 5 till 7:30. We had two rods setup, and my rod went off first. I landed one after a decent fight, without my net bag thing. I then told my roommate that he could take the next fish, regardless of which rod it hit because he had yet to land a carp since I started fishing for them there. My rod got hit again, and my roommate fought it. He was trying to grab it to land it and the hook popped. I really should have brought the net. :x I told him to take the next fish again, and the next run was on my rod again. He fought it and once again lost it while trying to land it. We recasted or rods and waited. I tossed an x-rap around and got three smallie, one being a nice candidate for the horses *** award and the biggest being around 12". I then sat back down to wait for the next carp bite. I sat there for a while realizing that we would be leaving soon so I said to my roommate that I wanted the to take the next fish if it was on my rod. Literally 30 seconds later my rod goes off. I tightened up the dragn the fight was on. This fish fought for close to 20 mins, with constant pressure on him....it was ridiculous. The river was faster, higher, and dirtier than before so I never got a good look at the fish during the fight. Luckily when I could finally get the fish in, it was pretty tired and I was able to grab him. I will never bring carp bait on a fishing trip without bringing my net again. Since I didnt bring the net, I could not weight the fish, but it was atleast 15lbs...of course no length measurements either...but it was big, and it fought like a champ, so I was very happy.

Here are my two carp of the night, I will post smallie pic in the horses *** post.

42108carp1.jpg

42108carp2a.jpg

Here is what I considered my last pb carp....I think this one is bigger, any thoughts...I weighed neither so it really makes no difference.

41508carp.jpg

Thanks Jim. Just to clarify the pics. The first pic is of the small one I caught tonight. The second pic is the big one I caught tonight, the one I feel is my biggest. the last pic is the carp I caught last week that I considered my pb then.

Jake,
Come home and hit up my Nesham carp spot with me and show me the ways of the PB carp! We will take no net and plenty of yafzee, no daves.

Leibs16 said:
Jake,
Come home and hit up my Nesham carp spot with me and show me the ways of the PB carp! We will take no net and plenty of yafzee, no daves.

WHAT??????