New project for a new Dad.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinBoatToo

Reaction score
Hello all,
Just picked up a 1967 16' Starcraft Sportsman V. Its been gutted so I have a lot of options as to how to rebuild/repower it.
First though is finish ripping out the old wood floor, inspecting the glass transom and strip down, reseal, prep and paint. Will keep you posted. Pics can be seen at: https://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=219389&id=598731953&l=842917f593

Attachments

• DSC_1519.JPG
    DSC_1519.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 2,782
Can't get to the pics from work (FB blocked), but this looks like it could be a really cool build. Keep taking pics and sharing your progress. Glad to have you here too.

I checked out your pics on FB, it looks to be structurely sound. At least you don't have to do any work on the trailer. Keep us posted!

fender66 said:
Can't get to the pics from work (FB blocked), but this looks like it could be a really cool build. Keep taking pics and sharing your progress. Glad to have you here too.

Same here on the FB blockade. Photobucket no good either. I only see what's uploaded to the site, so I miss out on seeing some of these mods. Rarely have time to look at home.

Well I finally got her stripped down #-o , gutted and primed. If i ever strip another boat it will be too soon, started with the liquid ended with the good ole wire wheel. I had planned on leaving her bare aluminum but it was too bright and shiny for sunny Florida. Yes I know it would have oxidized and darkened a bit but I didn't like looking at her sitting in yard. So I found what I thought was a light gray self ecting primer but after spaying the hull turns out it was a olive drab almost the classic color of jon boats. I ended up liking the color so I think im going to leave it that way, and it will be easy to touch up it she gets scratched. I'm still building up the sheeting on the transom so I haven't painted it yet. But soon I'll be able to flip her over and begin the topside. Here are a few pics of the paint job.

Attachments

• DSC_4239.jpg
    DSC_4239.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 2,256
  • DSC_4240.jpg
    DSC_4240.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 2,256
  • DSC_4241.jpg
    DSC_4241.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 2,256
  • DSC_4244.jpg
    DSC_4244.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 2,256
So I'm finally almost done with the boat! Kinda... Floor is finished, outside is finished, minus the rub rail and I painted her.
Still need to do one bench seat install two back to back seats and the console. and throw on the motor. I did take her out in a lake today with my old johnson but the short shaft was just too short to get any traction. Sits really high in the water which I like, will be good for the waves of boca grande I hope. Well here is what your looking for... Pics!

Attachments

• DSC_7505.jpg
    DSC_7505.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 2,082
  • DSC_7506.jpg
    DSC_7506.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 2,082
  • DSC_7507.jpg
    DSC_7507.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 2,082
  • DSC_7508.jpg
    DSC_7508.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 2,082
Thanks guys!
I used rustoleum self etching. The down side was I used a dark color primer so it took a ton of yellow.
The up side, a neighbor gave me the rail and Bimini off his old boat, I cut the rail cuz I wanted to be able to access the boat from the bow without tripping over it. Plus I like the look it gives the boat.
Thanks Again will post more pics once the inside is put together.

The white is appliance epoxy, and the yellow is krylon, As she doesn't sit in water its all I need. Great news!!! Finnally sold my kicker so tomorrow I pick up my 30 horse Johnson to but on the beast! lol Getting really close to talking my girl out. The wife is going to paint the name on her; Mommy Mia, My daughter's name is Mia.
And as always I will post some pics when that happens.

Looks great. Nice score on the bimini and rails too.... 8)

TinBoatToo said:
The wife is going to paint the name on her; Mommy Mia, My daughter's name is Mia.
And as always I will post some pics when that happens.

Looks great! More pics please.

I really like the name. It means something special. I hope you and your family will enjoy this boat for a long time!