new surf style grip for crappie pole!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansasnative

Reaction score
Been wanting to get into building rods and cranks so i bought a lathe. unfortunately my garage is crammed right now so i haven't been able to set it up. I've seen corded grips used on surf rods a lot and i thought it looked pretty cool so i decided to transfer the idea over to a 13 foot telescopic crappie pole. When i go crappie fishing it's normally a 3 day trip of nothing but fishing from 4am to dark and i usually keep a pole like this behind the seat in my truck just in case i see a little roadside honey hole! A nice surprise after getting this wrapped was it actually balanced out the rod and brought the center of balance more toward my hands! For clarity, the cord is actually red... my phone doesn't like taking darker indoor pics.

2011-03-28_22-51-06_704.jpg

2011-03-28_22-51-28_101.jpg

Not that special but it was a fun little project and good practice!

sorry i never got back to posting up more info about this grip... with this rod i dont use a reel. I mainly use it as a glorified cane pole to get into the cypress trees for crappie. Jim i would post up more pics but that is pretty much it. the rest of the rod is just black and it telescopes out. I must say that this grip has held up surprisingly well tho!