*NEW* Suzuki 15 HP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rookie1719

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

So, I was able to find a fantastic deal on an outboard up here in Ontario. Reg $3,999.00 - I got it for just over $3,200.00, nearly $1,000.00 saving. I have a 2010 8 HP Merc 4 Stroke (new), but needed something bigger. I'm adding a floor and beefing up the transom on the boat and going to install some kind of battery setup from my trolling motor.

I bought the Suzuki DF15AEL ... Electric start no more pulling unless I absolutely need too. Does anyone have experience with this one or the 20 HP? I looked around for reviews, didn't find much.

*please no negative comments about the brand/size - don't waste your time*

Thanks !

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 205
Great running fuel injected 15hp that’s easily upgraded to a 20hp, if you decide you’d like more power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Suzuki has always made an excellent motor, most complaints are from lousy dealers and people that don't know how to work on them.

ktoelke54 said:
Great running fuel injected 15hp that’s easily upgraded to a 20hp, if you decide you’d like more power.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah that’s why I went with the 15 HP plus the cost. The 20 was well over $4k (Canadian) so like $20 American? Haha

I read that people change the prop right away the factory one isn’t the best option. I also read about converting to 20 hp. Thanks for the reply much appreciated.

MrGiggles said:
Suzuki has always made an excellent motor, most complaints are from lousy dealers and people that don't know how to work on them.

I agree if it’s not a Mercury they don’t want to deal with it. TONS of lower states fishing outfitters use Suzuki and Yamaha. But I have never owned a Suzuki so look forward to getting it.

InSaneFisherMan said:
If you need the setup manual, I have attached it here. I think it is for All DF9.9,15,20

Suzuki DF9.9b-15a-20a.pdf

Okay perfect! I looked around for a Manual to start reading. This one covers the model I have showing?
Looks that way.

If I were buying new, I would seriously consider a Suzuki. Good job on getting a deal during covid pricing.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk