New TM mount; fastening tips?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What length shaft do you guys have. Get your mind out of the gutter you. Lol

Happens that I just bought a cable steer minnkota 45 lbs. 42 inch for my 16#48 Lowe.

Of course, on a cable steer, the height doesn't matter as much as on one that you are manually steering.

Richg99

DrNip said:
55# 48" Xi5.
Nice, same motor im looking at with the pinpoint, best price so far..1119 shipped with pinpoint (unadvertised ofcourse). But add in a second interstate 29, and the mount and it starts looking worse. I might just suck it up and "checkout" lol. One thing that is good when going from one battery to two is the savings on a two bank charger which is not needed as long as wired parallel for a 12v system. I called interstate and noco to verify my suspicion. 1 10amp bank or 2 5amp banks makes no difference to the charger. Its all viewed as one element. Obviously charging times increase but who cares, my tin aint no traveling tourney boat. I believe a slower charge is better than a faster one anyway

I pieced it together so it didn't seem so bad. Motor 1st and then added GPS at a later date.

DrNip said:
I pieced it together so it didn't seem so bad. Motor 1st and then added GPS at a later date.
If you already got this message please dusreguard as I sent it and it never showed up in my sent box. I wanted to ask a huge favor if you could send me the outside measurments of the base plate, how much needs to overhang, and the total length while stowed. All in your own words pertaining to anything I need to know to get the bow prepped for a xi5 thats on its way. It wont be here till tues. And i have a further away fishing trip than usual planned for friday so I need to take the weekend to get the boat prepped. Taking your advice and getting some solid metal welded on and I want it to be a comprimise between the unit being idealy centered and pushed all the way to one side to salvage some bow room without having constant over/under steer issues so thats why I wanted the total lenght of the unit so I could determine the angle while keeping the head unit tucked in the side of the boat. Sorrt to be long winded and I understand if your are busy or really tired from a long work week like me lol and dont want to do it.

On a blind hole there are only a few options. Welding is one; but if you need to add, replace, or repair a wire underneath, welded trolling motor mounts can be a bit challenging to deal with.

Motorguide sells some swell nuts that are shaped like a "T" (tee). The top of the T is flat and the shank is round. Drill a 1/2" hole, drop the swell nut into the hole you drilled, put trolling motor mount on top of it and tighten the nut. I don't care for them; but they do the job.

Better yet, rivnuts. https://www.aimfasteners.com/about_rivnut.html#.U_fummPPYk0

Latest posts