New toys for the boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T Man

Reaction score
I was buying my books for the semester and the depression made me spend some money completely irresponsibly. I ended up buying (2) 800gph bilge pumps (I have no flotation foam in my boat), 1 automatic switch (solid state, no float switches), (2) underwater lights, and another LED strip to run down the other side of my boat for interior lighting. Now I just have to wait about a week for the brown Santa to show up!

I did the math: With both pumps running I will move about 27 gallons per minute. That should clear out a swamped boat pretty quickly.

27 Gallons per minute is not going to do a whole lot when you have a swamped boat. You can move closer to a 100 gallons per minute with a 5 gallon pail if you are really motivated.

Sam

It all depends on how bad it is swamped, if you got the gunnels above water and stay that way, 27 gallons a minute is ok. If the gunnels are below water already, there might (correction "will" ) be an issue in a boat where the flotation was removed.
Keep those life preservers handy too.
Tim

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340052#p340052 said:
earl60446 » Today, 14:27[/url]"]It all depends on how bad it is swamped, if you got the gunnels above water and stay that way, 27 gallons a minute is ok. If the gunnels are below water already, there might (correction "will" ) be an issue in a boat where the flotation was removed.
Keep those life preservers handy too.
Tim

Water below gunnels = Swamped

gunnels below water = Sunk