nice little weekend

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly

Reaction score
took the family out this weekend to olathe lake, 180acres. had to bank fish since my trailer hitch for the pathfinder wont be here til wednesday. we caught 11 crappies all 10 to 11". water was pretty muddy from all the rain lately, but a small spinner and yellow curly tail did the trick. crappie are pretty confused with the lake level going up and down the past two weeks, but feels like temps and weather is leveling out finally. i also caught a 16" saugeye, my first. all i knew at first was this ain't another crappie, but it did taste the same :lol:

next day i went out alone to lake lenexa, it's less than a year old and it was my first time there. about 100acres, pulled out atleast 40 sunfish, and 15 or so small largemouth, one was 15" but most were 7-10". great day for fun if not for filling the freezer, so i took the family back with me that evening. did not catch a single crappie there, and talked to 6 or 7 others who say they have never caught one there either. hopefully they come around, seems like a nice lake, close to home, lots of standing timber and structure placed before filling, nice lake for quick getaways.

Latest posts