Nice sunset bass

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVOMike86

Reaction score
I'm going to Jacksonville for a couple weeks for work, and wanted to take a pole with me in case there are lakes around where I'll be. Went to Bass Pro because they have the Carbonlite spinning reel on sale for $59. Picked up the reel and also got a travel rod, 3 pc 5'6" light action BPS Micro Light rod. This is the first fish I caught with it. I'd say she's a little over 5lbs, (MAN I need a scale. That Boga Grip is looking reeeeeeal nice). Sorry for the bad photo quality.
sunset bass.jpg

Thanks dude. I just went out again, at midnite, and caught 2 more. This was still the best one of the day though.

I've bass fished for 20years (since I was 5) and I've never bass fished in the middle of the night. I do plan to this summer though.

Its harder because you can't see snags before you cast into them. I also watch my line, and you obviously can't do that, so that sucks. But its quiet. I'm normally in bed by 9, but the wife was out last night and I drank a monster after work. Couldn't beat the weather...

I've heard that in small ponds with our hot, hot summers that topwater's great in the middle of the night when temp is a little more better

Top water is great, i like frogs a lot because theyre weedless. Dark spinner baits are good too, especially if you can find a black one with black blades. Pretty sure booyah makes one specifically for night...

Latest posts