Oklahoma City??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reedjj

Reaction score
My wife got a job offer in Oklahoma City (Putnam City Schools). It doesn't look like there is much for boating in the area. 2 shallow rivers, The Oklahoma River and the North Canadian River. and few small lakes. Maybe I will finally get a jet boat?

I have always heard about the giant Catfish and Noodling that happens in OK, Im down to move after I retire next year and meet her out there but Im not going if I cant take my boat or build a new one for the local waters!

Anyone know anything about this area????? Thanks in advance

reed

Some pretty good fishing at times around here. Forget the Oklahoma River. It's just a big rock lined ditch that used to be a river. The Canadian is deep enough in spots for a boat but I don't know any places to put in. Oklahoma rivers are notoruiously shallow and muddy. As far as lakes go Hefner is a good fishing lake but with the wind we get around here it 's pretty rough most of the time which is great for the windsurfers, not so much for fishin boats. Lake Thunderbird is good for Crappie and Saugeye and there are a bunch of small game and fish lakes scattered around that don't see a lot of fishin pressure. One of my favorites is American Horse, west of Geary. We've got a couple of good Trout streams in southern Oklahoma and one below lake Tenkiller southwest of Tulsa if you like that kind of fishing.

Maybe you could get a place in between? Just kiddin. It seems like you have really enjoyed the area your in, with the fishin, and boating. Something serious to think about, maybe you outa get into hunting. Or trapping. I've seen your builds and enthuesiasm. That might be a whole new avenue for you. Sucks, far as I'm concerned. My father lives in PC FLA, and the times I've been down there, we caught some good fish. But..... being from where I'm at, I'd love to be able to go hunt that land. Good luck and God bless to you and your family. Thanks for the stories and pics, and your service.