old fishing lures

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top one is a Creek Chub Pikie - they still make that lure as well as lots of knock offs

Bottom one I need a better photo or view

Thanks for the info. I bought them 35 years ago and somehow managed to hang on to them all these years. I'm sure there not worth anything but it's cool just to have stuff you bought as a kid

I inherited all of my grandpa's old lures and found some interesting ones. Anyone ever seen this guy before? It's like an old leather swimbait.

30413_10150190057045577_724215576_12473967_1751671_n.jpg

Here are some of the others, including a Pikie of my own and a Lazie-Ike:
oldfishinglures.jpg

Those 2 on the left are johnson silver minnows, still sold.
3 on top right are daredevles, good for pike as are the silver minnows
Bottom second from left is a lazy ike
Big one near right with propellor front and rear is a injured minnow, tricky to fish as many times you will see the splash and attack of a pike and they will miss the lure altogether but you still set the hook because of all the action. Thats when the 3 treble hook big sucker comes flying thru the air right at your head. Keeps your fishing pards on edge too.
Tim

Started a collection many years ago. Posted it on a board in my office. When customers came in, if they admired the board...I asked them to bring a lure in the next time they came. Many did. Here are a few. R

DSC03332.JPG

bulldog said:
Old lures facinate me. I have been wanting to start a collection for some time.

You and me both! I already have a few that I've collected. Nothing really special...just cool.

Big one near right with propellor front and rear is a injured minnow, tricky to fish as many times you will see the splash and attack of a pike and they will miss the lure altogether but you still set the hook because of all the action. Thats when the 3 treble hook big sucker comes flying thru the air right at your head. Keeps your fishing pards on edge too.
Tim[/quote]

:LOL2: :LOL2: I'm still laughing!!! Been there, done that!!!