opinions wanted

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seaarc

Reaction score
How thick should my plywood be on the front deck and floor area? What do you guys think?
normal_jon_boat_project_030.jpg

normal_jon_boat_project_025.jpg

normal_jon_boat_project_026.jpg

Also would you add any more framing support anywhere? The plywood on the front deck will run from the front tip back to the second floor support.

Thanks Dave

Depends on how many supports you are going to have. The existing front deck doesn't really matter but the area you are covering sure does. I'd go with at least 1/2" ply. You don't want it to be spongy, you want it firm and secure.

Dave

I went with 19/32 plywood on my conversion. It's a little heavy but definitely very sturdy.

https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2851

I agree with bcritch, I was on his jon and it is nice and sturdy, he did a really good job, come on bcritch, post some pics.

shamoo said:
I agree with bcritch, I was on his jon and it is nice and sturdy, he did a really good job, come on bcritch, post some pics.

You missed it Mr Shamoo :)

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2851

I am doing a similar upgrade to my V and plan on using 1/2 inch. I'll let you know if I ever get it done.

Latest posts