Optima Batteries

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been running two blue top optimas on my 24v Motorguide 71# bow trolling motor.... I'm not completely happy with them after 2 years of use. If it's a windy day, they will be pretty close to dead near 3pm (I'm pretty much just tournament fishing now). If I had to do all over again, I think Trojan, Oddessey or Deka's are the only thing I would buy based on people I know who fish every day

My charger is a 2 bank Noco Genius charger, and I leave them plugged up all the time. These are some of the best chargers you can get for any type of battery.

Well, I went ahead and bought an Optima D31. If anyone is interested, AutoZone seems to have them priced incorrectly on their website (same as the D27), which is about $50 less than anywhere else I've seen plus free shipping plus a $30 gift card. Not a bad deal. I will be using it for nothing other than a trolling motor and lights at night so hopefully it will last for many years.

Latest posts