Otter Time

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
Fished a local stream near my house for a few hours today - 80* out in October, yea baby!

Caught SM and LM bass all day long, (I lost count at about 20 fish) Nothing big, here is a typical smallie:

Otter_019.jpg

Also caught some trout - these are the retarded stoked trout, why even bother?

Otter_001.jpg

While I am fishing this below the falls in the middle of town an otter swims across the pool! This is a relatively urban area, and hundreds of people vist this park every day, not to mention the water is probably none too clean. If you look close you can make out the potter:

Otter_012.jpg

Here is a blow up:

otterblowup.JPG

Had great fun catching lots of fish - still hunting a few lunkers before things shut down.

Its pretty hard to believe the otter was on the East Branch, but then again nothing in that creek makes sense. As you know I grew up on that creek and have never seen one there, but muskrats and beavers are all over the place now. Ill never forget when I was maybe 12 and was fly fishing for smallies and wet wading up to my knees, I looked down and either a beaver or a muskrat was less than a foot away. Needless to say I was out of the water in a snap and didnt get back in that evening. I cannot understand this creek, as you say it seems to be pretty polluted, but there is an incredible smallie and largemouth population and crayfish EVERYWHERE.....who knows, just be glad its so close.

Latest posts