Outboard Jet RPM question.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pont

Reaction score
A buddy of mine told me to check the RPM in my owners manual for my full throtle operating rpm. Well, I did and it is rated for 5500 to 6000 rpm (2007 60 horse Evinrude e-tec) at full throtle operating range. Well, that is with an acutal lower unit and prop. Anyway, I am only getting, with my jet lower unit about 4700rpm. Anyone know if you loose that much rpm when going to a jet? I am currently running a 3 blade alluminum impeller/auger/screw or whatever everyone calls it in your neck of the woods. Anyway, I was wondering if I got a 4b ladeStainless steel impeller if that would make a difference.

If anyone has any suggestions, thoughts, or places to call or people to email for info I would appreciate it. I just wanna know if it's running like its supposed to.

Thanks
Jeff

I do not have a jet but I do know that you loose a bunch of RPM as compared to a lower unit and prop.

So I guess??? the drop is normal.

Come on - who is a jet drive owner out there?

I think this guy uses a mud buddy...wyodeputy and diesn't codeman have a jet?

I have a jet but I am yet to get it wet. Best place to ask is here.

https://forums.riversmallies.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

You will have to become a member and wait to be accepted (shouldn't take long) before you can even get in the motorized forum. There more than a few guys in there that can help you. I'm a newbie too as far as the jets go. I hope mine is in the water in the next week or 2.

You have to remember a prop is open to the world and the inpeller is in side a housing and is forcing water through a smaller hole. I have found that I have a RPM drop when I put a jet on my 50 Yamaha. I was told that the stainless impellers don't help the small outboards but 150 and bigger.
WFFF

Thanks fellas. I'll check that river smallies forum and see if they can get me specifics on that.

Thanks fellas. I'll check that river smallies forum and see if they can get me specifics on that.

Latest posts