Outboard to inboard swap?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin Turner said:
fishbum said:
Kevin, can you tell me how much deck from the tramsom to the front of the motor it would have to have to clear? Thanks
As luck would have it, here's pics of 1866 OB Jet I converted to a 175 SJ. View attachment 1
Great! Did you have to chane the transom to do that? what about the bottom other than the jet tunnel did you make any bottom changes? like make a pad? got any more picts? and last how did it turn out?
Thanks

Didn't alter the trans (no need to alter yours either) / already had a 16" delta w/2 lifting strakes. Easy~Peasy

Note: I'll try to start another thread to answer some questions about differing pumps and engine combos...
IMG_0996.JPGIMG_0994.JPG

Kevin Turner said:
fishbum said:
Kevin, can you tell me how much deck from the tramsom to the front of the motor it would have to have to clear? Thanks
As luck would have it, here's pics of 1866 OB Jet I converted to a 175 SJ. View attachment 1

Kevin, I just found a 2001 glass boat with the 210hp sport jet, motor runs good owner says needs ware ring(cavitates)
I know there is a difference in the exhust in the 175 right? how much harder is it to use in my hull? Is there any parts of that that I will be able to use from glass boat? I guess steering and some other stuff. I think I can get it for $3000
or maybe a little less. I can sell the 200 outboard jet I have for that much. Thanks Barry

Barry-
It's more work to notch the transom for the 210 expansion chamber, but not a deal killer. $3K for a good V6 SJ eng/pump is a good deal. Aside from the usual engine stuff to check, the 2001 SJ had a fiber oil pump drive gear that was prone to failure. If it hasn't been replaced, it would be first on the "to do" list. Or, disable the oil injection and run pre-mix.

You may try running the serial number to see if the gear has been replaced under Merc's service bulletin.

Latest posts