Overdue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim357

Reaction score
Well I havent posted a report sense before the tourny, doesnt mean I havent been fishin just not much to report (lots a little guys) Today I headed down to the river at/ just after 6, was on my spot around 6:15am. Today was suppose to be a fluke test day but I barely threw them. Today the bait of choice was a pc crinkle cut worm, got some over winter and today was the first day I put them to use. I first was fishing them on a jig head, which on my second or third cast got hung up, I freed it from the snag and and soon as I did a fish picked it up and he was a big boy, prob around 5lbs. Second fish fell to a jig, and was maybe around 1.5lbs (no pic) After that I threw my fluke a few times and hooked into another nice fish prob around 4lbs, he saw me and spit the hook as I was reaching for the lip(i grabbed the line like an ahole and I think thats what popped him free). I fished the fluke a little longer with no bites before switching back to a crinkle cut worm (this time t rigged with a 3/16 bullet and 2/0 ewg gamma hook) After a few cast I felt some added weight on my line and got one about 3 lbs. Fished for about an hour after the last bite and was headed home around 10am.

Attachments

• 6-03-08.jpg
    6-03-08.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 390
  • 6-3-08-2.jpg
    6-3-08-2.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 390
Sounds like you had a great day!!

Did you happen to try that recipe for the fish scent from the Tips thread?

I ordered a tube of mega strike, but havent gotten it yet. I never knew it existed.. Thanks!