PC Baits Coffee Worms

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Ahab

Reaction score
I have been bugging PC Baits to make me a few custom plastics for the past several months. He has been ignoring me and painting those pretty cranks baits!

Yesterday, a bag of 20 5" "senko" style worms arrived in my custom color. These worms are the color of a dark roasted coffee bean (hey, I love coffee so I figured that bass might also?) with gunmetal flake. They are incredible and, even better, I caught a nice 2 lb LM bass on my second cast.

Yard_2007_0011.jpg

I am taking them back out today for some more field testing

Way to nail that color DP!

he actually asked for two kinds, coffee, and coffee with cream, I've not done the other color yet, I feel like he needs to wait another month or two :)

Sheeeet, DP - leave a brother hanging like that, you rebels are no good. :x

I needs my coffee worms, the bass are waiting! :D

DP you are killing me, I used up a few more of the Coffee Worms today and got this fatty. You can see the big belly which was probably full of the ripped Coffee Worms from yesterday!

jake2_012.jpg

JustFishIn - they are out there, get some stuff from PC Baits, fish the structure and you will catch them. I never did this good before, but then again I just found out about the DP stuff this winter :D

I should!

esquired...how do you rig up your fake worms? I have heard so many different ways and not sure which way is the way to do it.

I rig the worm depending on conditions and structure. If I am fishing in shallow areas with a weightless worm, I almost always T-rig with the appropriate size hook. By appropriate size, I feel that the weight and size of the hook can have a great effect on the action of the worm. I will go with a 1/0 offset hook on thinner worms, a 2/0 offset on "senko" type worm. For larger creature baits I go up to a 4/0 offset wide gap.

I also use different gauge hooks depending on the bait, if the bait sinks rather quickly I will use a thin wire hook - if the bait has some buoyancy and I want it to sink, I use a heavy hook.

I will also use an octopus style hook for nose hooking or wacky rigging the worms.

I also fish the soft plastics on a shaky or football head in deeper structure or on a rocky bottom. You can get a great slow retrieve going with those heads!