Photo contest

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in, though I don't take as many shots as I did some years ago.

One group I am in had a monthly contest. A dozen or more topics/choices were chosen and then, whoever won this month, picked whatever topic he wanted for the next month.. Kept it interesting.

Rich

I'd like to see it get going again, like somebody else said it kind of makes me get out and shoot.

Chris I gotta come see you one of these days and let you give me a crash course on PS. I've been using it for a long time (CS3) but I'm just a hack. LOL I'd really like to be able to tweak my pics just a bit to make them pop a little more.

I enjoyed it, I always carried my camera waiting to find that "perfect" shot...gave me a little something different in life.

Codeman said:
I'd like to see it get going again, like somebody else said it kind of makes me get out and shoot.

Chris I gotta come see you one of these days and let you give me a crash course on PS. I've been using it for a long time (CS3) but I'm just a hack. LOL I'd really like to be able to tweak my pics just a bit to make them pop a little more.

I'd be happy to help you out, but it's something that you have to use often to really get the hang of it. Kind of like speaking a second language.

Poor man's Photoshop ..is... Google's free Picasa.... Certainly won't do all of the things that PS will do, but...it can improve tons of pix easily.

The two shots below were taken yesterday morning. Four clicks on Picasa and the improvement is done. Certainly a skilled PS'er could do even more to improve the shots...but...for many of us...this is all that is needed.

https://picasa.google.com/

Original shot...untouched..
DSC01993.JPG

Improved with Picasa in a minute or so....
DSC01993-1.JPG

never used it but i can tell u that photos shop is not for one not willing to put alottttttttt of time in it to learn it (cs5/lr3).

But i like playing around with them yes alot of time in it and still no clue as to what i am doing :?

Latest posts