Please Welcome Acuna and GetFiveLures as a new Sponsor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
TinBoats member Acuna contacted me about becoming a board sponsor here for us. Acuna is the designer of the Dinero worm and from what I am reading is all the buzz right now. I kid you not.

Wired2fish.com even blogged about the worm: https://blog.wired2fish.com/blog/bid/47217/Bass-Fishing-Tackle-Getting-Medieval-on-Your-Bass

Acuna does not sell the worms direct, you will have to buy them from either a local dealer or an online dealer. Please visit the retailers page to see the current list of tackleshops and online dealers. I can guarantee this list will be growing and growing fast. Retailers

Acuna,
I do have a question for you. You have been a member here for almost a year and a half, why am I just finding out about this worm now? :D

Again folks I urge you to always consider the sponsors first before making your purchases. They help me pay for this site. :beer:

Video in action:
[youtube]VDByQhpoaOs[/youtube]

Attachments

• GetFive.jpg
    GetFive.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 3,399
Welcome Acuna

:WELCOME:

Thanks for your Sponsorship. You have a great looking product. =D>

Welcome to the FAMILY

Oh yeah - watch out for Popeye, he is very tricky :) (and I think he might be from another planet)

Welcome to the site it looks like you have a winner on your new bait
When will your redbug be coming out???

Ahab is correct be careful around popeye

Welcome! I have a half dozen bags on their way to my house. Can't wait to give um a try.

ORDERED!!!!! yay. i love the action of these baits!!! showed the video to my father in law and he wanted to try them too. 4 bags ordered. if we like them will definitly stock up on them. need a watermelon candy color for sure

Hi Guys!

Sorry I have not chimed in here sooner, been very busy and just now saw this thread in the Sponsor's Corner.

I am very excited to get on board with supporting tinboats.net. I visit a lot of forums and this is a great, very friendly, and very constructive online community. I'm honored to be a sponsor here and humbled by my warm welcome, especially considering I've been more of a lurker than an active participant. Thank you.

As far as the baits and rigging are concerned I really like a shakeyhead with a 3/0 or 4/0 hook. The exception to this is a Spot Remover made by Buckeye Lures- its hook is only 2/0. Another great shakeyhead is the Grass Jig from Paydirt Custom jigs. Not associated with them (or Buckeye Lures) other than being a fan of their products. Weight of the shakeyhead depends on the depth of the water you are fishing. On a Texas rig or Carolina rig, again 3/0 or 4/0 hooks work great. I personally throw it on a 4/0 hook because I like to get the point of the hook closer to the tail. However, many many people are telling me they love it on a 3/0. My advice? Use what you have confidence in. If you have any other questions about our baits or how to rig them, please feel free to contact me by email or PM.

Thanks again and Be Great On and Off the Water.

Got my order in last week... and let me tell you - the possibilities are endless for this worm!

The worm is 6.5" long.. so get creative. Here are just a few of the ways I used it this weekend... and produced.

1. Just like it is out of the pack on a shakey head. I use it on 2 different types of shakey heads - and I don't throw round head shakey jigs... I have gone through hundreds to find jigs that will stand baits straight up and I've got them narrowed down to two. The Buckeye Pro Spot Remover and the Spot Stalker jig head. I throw 3/16oz on the Spot Remover, and 1/8-1/4 on the Spot Stalker.

2. If you don't get bit on the full bait, bite off 1/2" at a time until you find what they like. I ended up taking 2" off of mine on the shakey head this weekend and they tore it up. (Brent - you are not allowed to use this worm in our tournaments!)

3. The position of the worm on the hook... I rigged it 3 different ways. The large part of the tail on the top (mimicking a bream), large part of the tail on the bottom (who knows what it's mimicking..), and then with both tails laying horizontal to the hook (JACKPOT!).

4. I cut it down to just about 3" (including the tail) and used it as my jig trailer.. with the tips died in chartreuse (killer... literally still made my jigs stand straight up and wave at the fish, they couldn't resist)

5. Cut to about 4" and put it on a fish head spin... and yo-yo'd it about a foot off the bottom in some rock ledges.

I'm sure there are a zillion more ways to fish it, but these put the fish in my boat this weekend. I was targeting 20-40' of water, points that extended out with deep ledges and they couldn't resist. It looks like the craws are coming out of hiding here with this brief little 40* weather we are having and the 2-3lbr's are eating them up.

And... I just got new jersey designed for the upcoming year. Thanks Acuna for allowing me to help spread the word!

Attachments

• 2011 jersey.JPG
    2011 jersey.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,354
jonboatphoto.jpg

Oh yeah! This just might be the ultimate jonboat bling one can have..... 8)

Also, be sure to check out our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Five-Lures/120991557918909

Latest posts