Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 14ft Aluminum
DSC01672.jpg

Just joined the site today.This is my baby[assuming i loaded the pic correctly].I will post better pics later.It is an 18ft xpress ,center console with a 90 Yamaha and a 46lb salt water trolling motor.Has one large livewell,a rounded bait tank,and a large dry storage up front.I f n love this boat.Just got it early summer this year.I plan to mount 2 fishing chair bases on the rear deck during the winter.Any advise on this project would be appreciated.I cannot access the underside of the deck for reinforcement which i have read is recommended.

Attachments

• boat.aspx.jpg
    boat.aspx.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 1,381
Welcome to the forum!! Nice boat, too! If I understand you correctly about reinforcing for adding seat pedestals, you might consider reinforcing ABOVE the deck. The idea is to spread the weight out, so an aluminum plate on top should help.

Henry Hefner said:
Welcome to the forum!! Nice boat, too! If I understand you correctly about reinforcing for adding seat pedestals, you might consider reinforcing ABOVE the deck. The idea is to spread the weight out, so an aluminum plate on top should help.

Excellent advice about the stiffner plate, and I would add some fender washers (stainless) under the deck (if it were accessible) so as not to rip-out the underside nuts through the deck.

Nice rig, I'm interested in seeing some more pics of it. One thought for reinforcing under the deck is to cut into the deck and install storage tubs with a hatch door, it'll give you more storage area and give you access to the bottom. I'm about to mount a poling platform on my 18' Duracraft and I'm going to either do this or put the round inspection caps in. What kind of speed are you getting?

It will run about 45 on a calm day and a light load.In regards to the seat mounting i dont think i will be able to access the underside.Will it be o.k. to use screws instead of nuts and bolts?

2008xpress said:
It will run about 45 on a calm day and a light load.In regards to the seat mounting i dont think i will be able to access the underside.Will it be o.k. to use screws instead of nuts and bolts?

I would not advise it. Screws will work loose. I would cut access into the deck, you can use the cutaway as Bush Hawg suggested to create storage, or just make it a smaller hole and cover it after.

Hi, new guy in town,,, I have a Fisher 1448 AW, 50 HP Yamaha(4 Blade 12 Pitch Solas), CMC Power Tilt, Lenco Trim Tabs, etc, etc etc,,,Running a (40HP Cowling)HeHeHe..
DSC01085-1.jpg

DSC01089.jpg

My Son at Blue Marsh here in Central Pa.
DSC01114.jpg

DSC01111.jpg

Thx for the welcome, gotta love all the pictures in this site, idea's, idea's, idea's..............
My boat was pre-owned & most of the stuff was on there. I've mounted a lighter in the console, move the Lenco Trim Tab Switch to on top left side of console due to my screwed up right hand, now I can push any of the 4 buttons with my good hand. I also built a carpeted platform that covers the rear opening over top the Gas & Battery compartment. I also just mounted a Teleflex Tach on top of console. This 1991 50HP Yam was was recently rebuilt and runs superb, pretty quick motor,, > just trim motor down, tap the Lenco Trim Tab Buttons Bow Down 3 times & this boat jumps up on plane in blink of an eye. We Gps'd it @ 34mph with my 4 blade Solas 12P, but thinking of trying a Solas 4 Blade 13 or 14 Pitch because I think this boat has the capability of running an easy 40mph.
DSC01095-1.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

Rear Deck Platform...
DSC01121.jpg

DSC01122.jpg

Th black square button pad is what I moved to top left of console then moved the Fish finder over to the middle.
DSC01094.jpg

GREAT SITE:, Good Thread here. Last year had good luck fishing out of two kayaks, but strain on lower back. Sold them for a profit, but wanted a under $500 AL tiller rig like I owned 16yrs prior. Only 2 days later in city warehouse old timer offered me 1st refusal on a 70 Mon-Ark 1664 (I now measure 54" across middle?) for $300 with the two swivel seats & new battery box. He had paid $450 the prior year. . SOme paint splatter inside & crud dirty . NO leaks or dent patches.
I repainted Two tone on the outside, added quick the front solid, carpet cast deck. Which in this pic sort of a 1st to transport my Mtn Bike across creek to trails.! Flatter angle on this model with cross support on top of rub rail ,which already had two bolt holes drilled thru .??
. .......................
. Need to build a rear box MOD / & seat cover for the 2nd chair after all the nice projects / ideas shown. Oarlocks added to row from either of two middle seats. Trailer was seperate find for $100 & repainted & some weld repairs. Got a nifty 2hp Yamaha at our church sale for $25. I had also 5hp swivel reverse 74 era & my classic Mercs Mk 25 & Mk 28. Took to our outboard club meet in Knoxville Oct 09.
Recent got a 16 ft fiberglass classic for Free that I am cutting up to modify for a fish/row rig.

Just found the site today. I'm Travis and live down here in Havana, Florida just north of Tallahassee. I have a Allumacraft Crappie John Jr. wuth a 25 Yamaha, SS prop and skeg gaurd....want to some day own a Weld Bilt.

Attachments

• river4.jpg
    river4.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,166
  • IMG00169.jpg
    IMG00169.jpg
    648.9 KB · Views: 1,166
  • SkegGaurd.JPG
    SkegGaurd.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,166
dyeguy1212 said:
those are pretty unique pictures... :shock:

If you were referring to mine, the last 2 are pics of the Ochlockonee River when it flooded here recently. The first one is me trying to get a pic of the scuff mark on my foot after hitting a rock on the Chipola River.

Attachments

• 09-06-08_1645.jpg
    09-06-08_1645.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 1,114
  • Washout.JPG
    Washout.JPG
    299.6 KB · Views: 1,114

Latest posts