Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:WELCOME: RPjet

I spent an hour on RiverPros website the other day. I am jealous for sure. I want one. I know it says it can hold 7 foot rods in the locker, but can it hold 7'6?

Jim,

Thanks for the welcome!

To answer your question about 7'6" rods the answer is no. 7' rods will just fit - you have to bend them a little to get them into the rod locker but they do fit. I carry 9 rods in my boat at all times with 8 of them from 6' to 6'6" - only one is a 7'er.

Dave

For the areas that I fish it is great! I had the HD bottom option installed when they built it - this is an extra .250 inch thick section that is about two feet wide and runs the length of the boat. Lots of impact resistance in case of the unexpected impact with a rock or log.

I have used it on lakes in Canada this past August and there it is serviceable but it is out of its' realm. I had cavitation problems when the wind picked up and produced 1' or larger rollers. Where this boat really shines is in shallow rock infested waters. It will run in 3- 4 inches of water. Top speed is right at 50 mph but it sucks gas at this speed. It will cruise all day long at about 30 mph. Actually at 30 mph it uses less gas than my Tracker with the 90/65 jet. It will remain on plane at about 12 - 15 mph. The holeshot is unbelievable, it gets up on plane immediately!

Granted given the price tag on a fully optioned RiverPro is fairly high, this isn't a boat for the casual fisherman. But it fills the niche quite nicely for what it is made for. There are very few Jet boats that will run where this one will. The only other boats I can name are the Rockproof RiverRocket and the Snyder custom made boats that are capable of running where this boat will and they are priced in the same range.

How do I like it thus far? You should see the silly grin on my face every time I punch the throttle!

Dave

Hey RPJet...welcome to TB. You're gonna love it here. That boat of yours is pretty nice. They actually build them about 40 minutes from where I live. I've been meaning to stop by there sometime, but can't justify it. My boat is better than I deserve and don't need temptations. :mrgreen:

Anyway....welcome and hang on...you're about to have a great ride here with us Tin Boaters.

1969 Starcraft Super Star. More of a restore than a conversion.
scf0344.jpg

Cheap bow mount.
sc02567.jpg

I don't have any pics of the 9.9 Johnson.

Nice looking rig you have there Partsman.....Lots of character!

Oh yeah..... :WELCOME: ABOARD.....this a great place to make new friends!

She ain't pretty, but she's mine, '56 Feathercraft Golden Rocket runabout.

Attachments

• Rocket 006.jpg
    Rocket 006.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 2,562
I'd make a race boat out of it. Period correct motor,tuck and roll interior maybe a paint scheme like an old fighter plane. Just my thoughts. The boat looks cool. Todd

I just picked this one up today. It'a a 1980 Terry Bass Pro 40. I purchased it without the motor though. I plan to finish the project and put my Mercury 40hp on her.

Attachments

• terry3.jpg
    terry3.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 2,504
  • terry2.jpg
    terry2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 2,504
  • terry1.jpg
    terry1.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 2,504
Sweet ride 19Coupe93 and welcome. Great to have you here. Keep us posted on any updates and of course the fish you catch from it. :mrgreen:

I guess I originally posted this pix in the wrong forum. Any ways...here is my ten year old, new-to-me Lowe 160W (wide). It is rigged as a bass boat. Has a 40 hp Johnson. First such style (bass-boat) boat ( out of many boats) that I have ever owned. It spent much of its ten year life parked in a boat barn...all alone. I intend to reverse that life-style. Ha Ha

regards, Rich

5218955263_08ec9762c7_z.jpg

Hello All,
I just purchased a SEARS 1973 12ft Aluminum V-Hull and trailer for only $350.00 from Craiglist and this will be my first mod project. I really love this site and have learned a lot and have accumilated a lot of cool ideas. Pictures will be posted as I progress and am going to need a lot of advice. I'm looking to apply STEELFLEX on the hull, prime and paint the inside and install carpeted wooden platforms with storage boxes.