Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I just purchased this boat from Craiglist for $350.00 and want some ideas on painting and installing a carpeted deck. A lot of you guys have done awesome work real cool mods on your boat and I can really use some help with mine, being that 1) It's my first boat and 2) I'm really on a tight budget. please help!
[imghttps://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb462/geekster5926/TinBoats%20Photos/12ftV-Hull11.jpg][/img]
12ftV-Hull2.jpg

12ftV-Hull8.jpg

12ftV-Hull12.jpg

Here are some more pics of my SEARS 1972 12ft Aluminum V-Hull....I've decided to bottom coat with STEELFLEX...from what I've read...that stuff is awesome!
12ftV-Hull10.jpg

12ftV-Hull9.jpg

12ftV-Hull7.jpg

any suggestions on prepping my boat???

Looks like it will take you longer to get the materials and figure out how you want it to look,then it will to actually do it.That's always very nice.Nice Ride !!

I removed the transom rotted wood and wire brush sanded all the crap out so when I'm ready for the new transom wood.

prep30.jpg

prep54.jpg

prep53.jpg

Well...not yet...I still have to clean it some more.

prep47.jpg

prep45.jpg

When I'm finished sanding this part, I start the paint removal on the inside. Question: Do I use a wire brush on my drill, sand it by hand, or use paint stripper? someone please reply and help this rookie !

Picture of my 24 Ft SeaArk super-jon, 8 ft beam. 150 HP Black Max and Yamaha 9.8 HP kicker motor. I mainly use for striper and big catfishing. Does not have a floor in it for the moment, just the ribs. I got a real good deal back in 1997 at AK McCollum in Fayetville, NC, This boat was a NEW carryover from the year before and they knocked off $1100 bucks off the price so I jumped on it! Since then, these boats have quadroupled in price I think due to metal pricing! I will be adding a heated cabin, extended deck and floor on this boat probably in the spring and will post photos and plans. It will have a helm enclosed in the cabin too. I plan on doing it with aluminum but I must save up the dollars first because sheet aluminum is high right now!
Picture%20016.JPG

Hey guys, I've asked lot's of questions now just got to get the boat out of storage :p I have a older 12' Deep V(so I call). No trailer for it but I definitely have a truck that will pull this little guy(Ford F-150).

Plans include:

-Full paint job, black on the outside, silver on top edge and white or gray on the inside.
-Varnish and sanding of the rear bench top.
-Elevated floor overlaying the middle bench and front bench.
-Pedestal mount and bucket seat in front of boat.
-Another floor but laying as low as it can go in front of rear bench extending to middle bench.
-Full carpet and wood treatment on plywood.
-$100-$300 Fish Finder, looking at the new units by lowrance(installed on front trolling motor box.
-Used or new MK Power Drive or Motor Guide wireless(45lb thrust)
-Used 9.9hp or 15hp outboard.

And last but not least more fish to be swung in :p

And the boat :)

Full and messy
ScreenHunter_08Oct051446.jpg

Empty and clean
ScreenHunter_01Oct051419.jpg

Lot's of big awesome boats but just as many if more smaller crafts that just look awesome.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_02 Oct. 05 14.31.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Oct. 05 14.31.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 2,886
  • ScreenHunter_04 Oct. 05 14.40.jpg
    ScreenHunter_04 Oct. 05 14.40.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 2,886
12Tinner.....not only is that a great boat, but I love the photos of it too. Very cool......Oh.....and WELCOME! Good to have you hear!

fender66 said:
12Tinner.....not only is that a great boat, but I love the photos of it too. Very cool......Oh.....and WELCOME! Good to have you hear!

I agree 100%, I can picture the final product so good. I also ordered two big Power Pro decals I want to put on the outside of the bow...there about a foot long each but would be a nice way to bring the white inside color out to the exterior. Also the seats came with the boat so didn't go wrong there. It will take some time, if anything the reno will be done, might need to hold off on a electric motor just cause i would rather buy new but i got a little 30lb thrust endura i could get up front somehow for the summer if need be.

Only 1 rivet leaks and once sealed and painted over twice on the inside and out im sure it will be fine. My uncle paints cars and will be doing it with spray guns, he adds hardners and stuff that makes the paint shine so nicely.

Tightlines,
Mike

This is my new boat. My father in law gave this to me for Christmas. He fully re-did the motor and boat. I have so many ideas for it, but not sure where to start. I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks

Attachments

• boat.JPG
    boat.JPG
    823.8 KB · Views: 2,881
Hi there, just noticed this section of the forum. I have been posting in mods.

Here is my 14ft Sundance skiff with a 25hp Merc. It now has a 40hp Evinrude.

skiff1.jpg

And here is my new project. Still working on it. 17ft tx17

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16745

There are definitely some cool looking tins on here.

1960 Valco 13'. Sanded and sealed the inside with Gluvit, then ZC, Primer,and paint.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts