Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished my restoration and put a brand new motor on it today! 1967 Starcraft with a 2011 Merc. 9.9 4 stroke. :D

boatprofile.jpg

boatmotor-1.jpg

boatview2.jpg

Feb. 5, 2011 We had a Polar Bear Run in SE MO. It's a 05 Xterminator 17/52 and a NEW 08 60/40 E-Tec Jet. It had an 99 40/30 Johnson originally but we wanted a little more. We have spent all fall wiring and cleaning it up and mounting things. It spent 3 years sitting under some trees so you can guess how it looked. Cleaned it up with acid and it looks like new again. It's at my neighbors now (he's an upholstery person) getting new carpet in it. Finally to the point we can use and enjoy instead of working of it each day off. Found out what BOAT stands for (BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND).

Attachments

• P2050001.jpg
    P2050001.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,648
heres my playtoy , in the process of replacing carpet and installing floor lights ,
054-Copy.jpg
052-Copy.jpg

this is also before I repainted the trailer , she's not big but she gets me to the fish !!!

Troutman,

That looks like a new Factory boat! great Job!

Everytime I get on this site I am amazed at how well some of you do your mods and restorations. Its amazing how some of these boats turn out. I think its so cool that a regular guy can buy a second had jon or V-hull boat and in a matter of a few months, and with minimal money build his own boat that rivals the convenience and in most cases beats the quality of a factory built decked out boat from the major manufacturers.

I was on the alumacraft website looking at v-hull boats like the lunker and mod V's like the MV Tex and some of the others. I have seen boats on this site that blow them out of the water.

Hmmm just realized that I had not added mine here yet. Just picked it up 2 weeks ago so it is still work in progress.
It is a 1436, registration says homemade 1990, but I think that was just a coverup for the boat sold without a title, either way it is covered and will work.

The grey covered boards in the Bow pic are the bench seat tops for now.

As purchased:
downsize-28-1.jpg

View of the inside:
4ea73351-1.jpg

I have been sanding and painting the inside sides white, this Florida sun will heat the brown sides super hot, so the white should keep it cooler and keep from frying anything that touches it.

Livewell:
downsize-30.jpg

Bow:
53ac0cc2-1.jpg

Transom area:
2b79a3e3-1.jpg

The transom is solid 5/8" or 3/4" plywood, sealed and painted. No problems or weak spots so that means less work to deal with. Just has a little surface mildew that tends to grow easily in this Florida humidity.

Here is my new to me first boat. It's a 1988 bass tracker pro 17. My plan is to fish it this year then maybe fix it up next winter.

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

reedjj said:
basstender10.6 said:
My 2004 basstender 10.6 with twin minn kota 55's

That's a pretty nice little set up! Twin 55lb thrust motors... does that thing plane out. JK
Thanks! it does about 25-30mph in light wind with a fully charged battery. haha, hopefully i will have a 15hp 2 stroke on the back of it by april :D

reedjj said:
It'll probably go that fast with a 15 on it. Is it rated for that. I figured 9.9hp max.
I am going for a 15 because the boat weights 230 pounds which is pretty heavy. it is rated for 15hp and 85 pounds. so i need a two stroke because the four strokes are way too heavy.

my vessel

"wild goose" is the name

40 hp johnson with 16 ft legend boat

GPS speed 46 mph

watch out or the dog will drink all your beer!

Attachments

• boatdog2.jpg
    boatdog2.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,226
  • boatdog3.jpg
    boatdog3.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,226