Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is my new 2015 leftover polar kraft dakota 1460
20160720_192720_zpsjzhmmgmr.jpg

Jimajet said:
Hi I'm a new member just picked up my 1956 Lone Star Malibu which I will restore to its full original condition it has a original trailer and a strong running 33 hp seahorse Johnson outboard thought maybe someone here has done this so I can seek advice.

Welcome Jimajet! I'm relatively new here too. I find myself in the same boat as you, but your's looks like it's in better shape than mine started out in. I have a 1962 Malibu that I am in the process of refitting. If you haven't checked it out yet, there is a Lone Star Owner's Club on Yahoo Groups that has a lot of great information that you might find useful in your restoration project; though there's not nearly as much activity there as you'll find on these boards, which are a treasure trove of information as well.

https://beta.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/lonestarboat

And since this is the picture section, here's one of the current condition of my yet unfinished Lone Star:

Tyij9OO.jpg

New member here. My tin ride is a 2012 Starcraft Fishmaster 196, 150 Optimax, 9.9 Merc Pro-kicker, 80#/24v Terrova with I-pilot, etc. I fish Lake Erie out of it for walleye mostly.

erie41815.jpg

New here. Picked up a 1981 Fisher Marine 16ft a couple weeks ago. Have been busy adding a couple extra seats to it before taking it out. Was able to get the boat with a trolling motor, Johnson 4.5 and Mercury 20hp motor. Boat looks almost new, was kept in a heated garage for it's lifetime.

Attachments

• b1.jpg
    b1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2,155
  • b2.jpg
    b2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 2,155
Here is a pic of my 1986 Alumacraft Classic Deluxe with a '88 70 HP Johnson VRO 2 stroke.

I started a complete restoration in June of this year and plan to start a topic in the Boat modification soon, as I have been taking pictures throughout the process.

Just wanted to also send a little thank you to everyone who has contributed on Tinboats as I was a lurker for about 3 years reading/learning all about what others have done, and when it finally came time to start my project I would not be close to where I am with my work without all of your help/knowledge! ;)

Attachments

• 20160529_150913.jpg
    20160529_150913.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 2,120
Here's my boat that I just purchased a week or so ago, it's a 2013 Lowe AN160T with a 2006 Suzuki DF30 4 Stroke motor.

Attachments

• IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2,091
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2,091
New guy here but I managed to come into possession of 2 tinnys in 8 days...so I guess this is the place for me.

Picked this one up several Saturdays ago. The first has a long story behind it but to keep it short and simple, 1974 Starcraft Cheiftain with a 2005 Johnson 115 2 stroke with under 20 hours. This one is undergoing a complete make-over and being turned into a center console, fishing boat.

4XKdLER.jpg

Then this one 8 days later, the next Sunday, I traded an AR-15 for it, still working the bugs out of it. 1986 16' Lowe Lake? with a 1986 Merc 50 2 stroke. So far I've had to replace the trim motor and need to replace the water pump this week. Going to put this one under the knife as well. Planning to convert it from stick steer to a wheel and a side console in the rear and build a rear deck. New paint and some small things, rod holders and such.

VNuB8In.png

This is my new tin can I got about a month ago. It's a Xpress H20PFC. Down here in Georgia it's been to hot to get out on the water. Can't wait for cooler weather.IMG_3893.JPG

IMG_3894.JPG

I am a newbie here but not to boating or car forums. I am a old guy and have been into boat all my life. Lately been collecting up 50s Finn hulls.
Mostly glass but I have had 3 Tin hulls fallow me home in the past few weeks so I thought I should check this place out. I will try to post a couple pics. I really like the odd balls. :wink:
one is a 1958 Crestliner Jet Streak, one is a 58 Arkansas Traveler and the other a 57 Grummam. They posted in rev.

Attachments

• jet streak 025.jpg
    jet streak 025.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,141
  • traveler Home 039.jpg
    traveler Home 039.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 2,141
  • The Grumman 069.jpg
    The Grumman 069.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,141
enginerd said:
Love that Arkansas Traveler; that's a cool looking boat.

That is for sale if ya know anyone looking for very different fishing boat. It is basically a tin row boat with a cool glass deck. From what I have heard and found they are quite rare these days.

Attachments

• traveler Home 041.jpg
    traveler Home 041.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 2,047
  • traveler Home 053.jpg
    traveler Home 053.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 2,047
  • traveler Home 054.jpg
    traveler Home 054.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 2,047
cosmic12 said:
That is for sale if ya know anyone looking for very different fishing boat. It is basically a tin row boat with a cool glass deck. From what I have heard and found they are quite rare these days.

I think I have fin envy, but New York is a little too far away for me and I'm not done with my current project yet. My grandpa had one of those and got some good fishing out of it.

Hi, this is my 1963? Duracraft project. I think it's a Duraflight or Sportsman. I bought it for $300. I have been working on it for a couple of years. I did some work on the motor, steering, trailer, dash, and more. I am now doing some work on the transom, wiring, and installing a bilge pump. I'm not going to paint it for now. I just want to get it in to the water soon.
The motor is a 68 Johnson 40hp. I also have a 4 hp Evinrude, and a Minn kota trolling motor for back up. I need to get the Evinrude running.
Steve

Attachments

• Duracraft 1.JPG
    Duracraft 1.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 2,765
  • DSC06514.JPG
    DSC06514.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 2,765
  • DSC06512.JPG
    DSC06512.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 2,765
  • DSC06517.JPG
    DSC06517.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,765
  • DSC06519.JPG
    DSC06519.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,765
Here it is at the local reservoir. My 15' Klamath Advantage side console. 25 HP Mercury 4 stroke. It is a 2014 model that I bought new off the lot in March of this year. I added a couple of Scotty down riggers and rod holders. Been getting out once or twice per week and enjoying the heck out of life.

Second picture is of my happy wife. She had never been on a small boat before. This is the first time she ever went fishing. Smile says it all.

Boat.JPG
ECCFish.JPG

So I've been member of this forum for a little while but haven't posted anything. I just tend to look around for new ideas for my boat. This is what I came up with after looking at many peoples different boats. I took a 1962 lonestar big fisherman completely redid it and converted it into a flats style boat. I have some pics of it when I picked it up and what it looks like now.
Some of things I've done
*new transom
*sealed rivets in hull
*built front deck/added poling platform(Everything I added to the boat was aluminum for salt corrosion resistance and so the boat would stay as light as possible)
*Converted tiller to console steering
image2.JPG
image1.JPG
image3.JPG
image4.JPG

This is my 2006 Alumacraft Navigator 165 CS I picked up this spring.

Attachments

• IMG_20160507_133542.jpg
    IMG_20160507_133542.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2,575

Latest posts