PowerDrive V2 problem

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbritt23

Reaction score
I have a minn kota powerdrive v2 and there seems to be something wrong when i press the collar to deploy it will start to go down but will not lock down into position. I got a new boat and i was planning on putting it on there so i was going to to test fit it to my boat before i installed the quick dissconnect bracket, so i tried to deploy it and lock it out to see where the shaft needed to be and well it wouldnt lock so i havent put it on there any insight on this problem will greatly be helpful

I agree with Tommy Boy, that mount needs to overhang the outside of ther hull. Follow up on this account of I have the same motor but did not mount it yet

I did see a number on here for MinnKota tech. Maybe give one a call and pick their brains, it wont hurt to ask

I'd say you have a longer bolt in somewhere, when you put the bracket on just check if its hitting somewhere..I just had the same problem with my copilot, it was hitting and wouldn't lock in position.changed the bolt out and she worked perfect after