Prayers needed....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thinking about ya and praying for your family man... if you're dad's made it this far, there's no hump too big to get over

Thanks guys..

small update:
I been to the hospital every day for a few hours. He is still in the hospital and everytime he eats, he throws it back up, even if its a really small bite. The Dr. is suppose to see him today. They have changed his meds to 10mg of Oxycottin twice a day plus small dose of morpheine for the pain. They say when he gets back on chemo that the pain should go away when the mass starts to shrink. He does respond very well to chemo and over the years, since 2002 he has had tumors stop growing and shrink. The Oxy makes him dopey and sees things moving when its a stationary object and things like that. the nurse said it will take a week of being on that for his body to level out and that not happen anymore..

Today, he has been in there almost 3 weeks. On his TV, the stations are very limited, so i am going today, to buy him a small portable DVD player and get him some andy giffith and classic shows to watch.

I think it's working..

yesterday evening was a decent evening for my father. He did not throw up his lunch and for his dinner, he ate a little more than what he did for lunch and was able to keep it down as well. He was alert and sitting up in the bed and I think what perked him up was that his baby step- sister came to visit from about 2 hours away. He said he wasnt in much pain, but he was also on some pain medication. I visited from 7pm until 9pm and told him I was proud of him, that he was a strong man and I was very happy to see him not as groggy. Mental support also helps the healing process, so I tried to make him laugh and showed him funny videos on my apple itouch. I didnt get to make it to walmart or anywhere to pick up a portable DVD player. I wont be going to see him tonight, since I really need to spend time with my wife and 3 kids who I have neglected for almost the past 3 weeks. My wife has been very understanding and hasnt complained at all..

Yesterday my dads doctor came in and didnt know dad was still in the hospital!!!! The Dr. had been out with the flu. No one called him to update him on anything that was happening and everyone is afraid of the Dr. so they just did nothing. IT really pissed us off because we have been begging for an upper gi scan to find out why he keeps throwing up his food, before it even has time to digest, almost everytime he eats. The Dr. ordered a scan and in a matter of 15 min. the nurses were giving him barium to drink, which he threw it up and the did an NG tube and got the barium down. Last night they did many scans on him. I figured the Dr. went off on someone because they were pretty much hopping like their pants were on fire, helping dad..

-------------------------------------------------------------

Just got some good news.. My father is being discharged from the hospital today. His upper GI track was OK and his issues maybe side effects from nerve endings or a combination of the medication he has been taking in the hospital. The Dr gave him some new medication for nerve issues and some fentanyl patch. I bet he is glad to get to go home, I just hope his pain goes away with the new meds...

Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers...

He has about 6 new dvd's of the Andy Griffith show to watch while he heals at home. He is very weak from not being able to eat that much at the hospital so I figure he will be laying in the recliner most of the day..

give him a few days to get out of that "hospital bed syndrome"... he'll be back up and running in no time! My dad was the same way after his heart attack and stent surgeries in the last 2 years