Project one and done...Alumacraft 1447

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!!!! I am taking my 8 yr old daughter out saturday morning to a different area, should be fun. There is really good fishing up there and some islands to explore too along with some pure whilte sand bars, so i think she will like it, can't wait to see her face when she hooks a nice size red fish hehe.

Gators5220 said:
Nice little red, did you do the upgrade from a 9.9 to 15hp already?

Thanks, to bad he was only 17"s :( but was fun to catch. Maybe i will have better luck this weekend.

I am wanting to get the 15hp carb but i am having a hard time locating one that will fit, the motor is an 87 but has the older style carb on it, they used two different ones that yr. So in the mean time i am working on getting a jack plate installed to get my motor up where it needs to be and I ordered a tiny tach the other day so i can see where the motor is running and if i can prop it up any.

This motor looks so new under the cowl i almost dont want to mess with it, hard to believe it is 25 yrs old, totally spotless and well maintained or hardly used, not sure which but i am not complaining. I know the 15 hp carb would help a lot as at WOT if just feels like the motor has more to give but just cant if that makes any sense.

JaxJonBoat said:
Gators5220 said:
Nice little red, did you do the upgrade from a 9.9 to 15hp already?

Thanks, to bad he was only 17"s :( but was fun to catch. Maybe i will have better luck this weekend.

I am wanting to get the 15hp carb but i am having a hard time locating one that will fit, the motor is an 87 but has the older style carb on it, they used two different ones that yr. So in the mean time i am working on getting a jack plate installed to get my motor up where it needs to be and I ordered a tiny tach the other day so i can see where the motor is running and if i can prop it up any.

This motor looks so new under the cowl i almost dont want to mess with it, hard to believe it is 25 yrs old, totally spotless and well maintained or hardly used, not sure which but i am not complaining. I know the 15 hp carb would help a lot as at WOT if just feels like the motor has more to give but just cant if that makes any sense.

PS....Go Gators!!!

Looking at your pics I was thinking..wow, area looks familiar. Im not too far...I live in Palm Coast and I have a place similiar plave called Princess Place Preserve. Boat looks great...nice job.

Thanks, i still have to deck the front in just past the battery box and i will be done, but it is totally fishable now. Going out this weekend just trying to decide where haha. Probably Sisters Creek area. Yeah those pics were at Guanna State park, just a few mile north of where you are, just north of St. Augusine off A1A. Kinda shallow but perfect for our kind of boat, but limited to 10hp or less which means very little traffic which is nice.

some pics from Clapboard Creek last weekend off of St. Johns River couple miles from inlet to ocean. Daughters first fishing trip.

anothernicecovetofish.jpg

Dolphinsequalnofish.jpg

Millasnewfishingpolebentforthefirsttime.jpg

Millaonherfirstfishingtrip.jpg

Millacaughtastingrayhaha.jpg

nicecovetofish.jpg

ordered a mini jack plate earlier this week, came in yesterday looks really well made. I coated the thick wood piece with spar urethane today and will attempt to install tomorrow if this rain will let up. going to try to mount it so the motor is about an inch above the bottom. I will post before and after pics if mother nature allows.

ok since i cannot stop tinkering i have finally finished my parts aquisition to turn my 9.9 into a 15 electric start. it was a challenge to say the least gathering all the needed parts, most of which are not available new anymore. conversion photos to follow this weekend, wish me luck.

Looks great. I havent fished there but have heard about it. I just picked up a 12' with a trailer...minor mods have been made to it, swivel seats, one section of carpeted flooring put in... Im going to take it out locally on a small lake here and see how it goes with one of my boys. I was debating on a 14, but this was a decent deal so I grabbed it. I at least have the trailer and can use the 12 when I go alone.

awesome build! and i love your 9.9 outboard! let us know how the 15 conversion goes! :) i just bought a 1974 7hp outboard and it starts up on the first pull every time! still havent gotten to run it on the boat yet but hoping to change that this weekend. I recently bought a 12ft flat bottom with trailer and completely overhauled it! check out my build and feel free to give any imput/advice!

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26077

I was able to rebuild the 15hp carb today and get it installed, everything well but the recoil starter tried me a little going back in, but I got it. Also, got the electric start bypass cover in the mail today, so the last piece of that puzzle i am in possession of thank goodness, very hard to find, almost as hard as the carb was. The motor ran really good and I am taking it out tomorrow, will post any performance improvements. fastest so far with old set up was a little over 18mph, hoping for better between the carb and jack plate, wish me luck. here are some pics of the carb swap.

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u422/caseynettles/Facebook/Jon%20Boat%20Project/IMAG0003.jpg

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u422/caseynettles/Facebook/Jon%20Boat%20Project/IMAG0004.jpg

https://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u422/caseynettles/Facebook/Jon%20Boat%20Project/IMAG0008.jpg

I love Florida!!!! Pic taken this past Sunday with my daughter and me out fishing Fort George inlet and we stopped at the sandbar to cool off with a dip in the water and some shore fishing, the water here is normally Bahama blue but all the rain lately has it a little tannin color, but it wont last long.

I haven't done the electric start conversion yet, I have everything but it turned into a much bigger project with adding a fused switch panel, 30amp start button, 12v outlet, permanent bilge pump and nav lights lol, i will get to it when I have a whole day to devote to it, which wont be this weekend because the wife, kids and i are going back to the inlet so they can play and swim some more. First time the wife will be on the boat!!!

Latest posts