prop for Evinrude 15

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Just took my boat out and tried the used 15 I bought. The motor runs great starts easy and shifts good. My problem is I think the prop is slipping. You can be going along at 3/4 throttle and it just all the sudden revs like its out of the water. When you let off the gas it catches back and pulls again. I tried running it at lower rpms and it only does it at 3/4 to full throttle. My question is where an what kind of prop do I need to get? I fish only in the river near my house and my boat is kinda heavy. Thanks,Brian.

sounds to me it might be slipping out of gear. worn clutch dog or linkage might need adjusted,just a thought. It can look like it is in gear by the shift handle but it might not be holding it gear in the lower unit. Also where the linkage connects in the exhaust housing both shafts need to seat all the way into the connector or you will have shifting problems and it popping out of gear. Anybody else?

Thanks riverbronzeback. Its a new motor to me so I dont know much about it. I will check the gears in the lower unit. Also it might be that I was hitting sand in the river and didnt know it. Thanks for the advice,Brian.

Latest posts