Putting Herculiner on a trailer

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sconnie12

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have a question for those of you that have put herculiner and/or another type of bedliner on your trailers...

When I bought my bought 5 or 6 years ago the trailer was extremely rusty so I sanded and grinded off the rust the best I could and then doused it in rustoleum. The outside layer is a rustoleum hammered, and it has held up pretty well, but I normally put a new coat on each spring just for safe measure. My question is could I just brush Herculiner on over the rustoleum hammered outside? Or would i need to sand down and prime to put it on?

I asked someone at ACE and they thought that I was an idiot to want to put it on at all, they kept telling me that it was made for truck beds not trailers, so I thought this might be a better place to ask...

Also, second question, how has it held up for those of you that have used it?

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

Also, here is the picture of the trailer, it is in pretty good shape, but I just want to keep it that way...

543443_3618629795293_151048841_n.jpg

You should scuff up the surface of the trailer first.

Mine has held up great. One of my favorite parts of the redo. No slip, and doesn't chip.

I just had a trailer sand blasted and the fella used wet tar for a coating. Thinking this option is much cheaper. I've got Herculiner on my truck, guessing I didn't scuff it enough because it's showing a good bit of wear already.

Latest posts