Pweisbrod's 79 18' mr pike DUCK conversion/rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pweisbrod said:
Lol. I don't know why this iPad does that. :(

On the positive side, my boat does not leak one single drop.

that's a big plus. I had 3 cracks to patch on mine as well as a good dozen rivets to replace, plus some love from some gluvit.

I decided to keep the live well. I finally found a replacement aerator, and i after modding the boat for the bigger and more modern aerator, it is installed. Might wake up early tomorrow and plumb it o I can start putting foam back in, and I should be flooring in no time.

She's coming along...

Lids done, floor started, things are coming!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 812
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 812
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 812
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 811
Are these pics right side up? I took them using iPad turned 180 degrees from the other pics, these still look upside down to me.

bigwave said:
Upside down woodie........ :mrgreen: Man I could not resist that one.......boat is looking good too. =D>

When you click on the pics do they flip right side up? They do on this dumb iPad.

I use an iPad also and I use the free photobucket app to upload my pics, it automatically resizes the pics for me. I normally takes pics from my iPhone and as long as you hold the phone straight while taking pics they upload fine!

Motor has been hung on boat, floor is all installed, hatches are all on, a few more things to do, but its definitely downhill from here.

Had a mechanic do the carbs and fuel pump. He righted the timing on the motor, and replaced the throttle cables as well. pressure tested lower unit, good to go. I fixed my little steering offset tab, and replaced my prop. It was a 19 pitch, holy crap, LOL.

Thanks guys! Things are rolling now.

Tonight I sanded the floors down for prepwork, decarpeted/glued the console, primed and painted all the console components. getting lots done.

Bedliner coat 1-

Bedliner coat 2-

Primed and painted the little rigging bits on the gunnels

Seriously, what the heck? Did this guy get a new drill or what?

Thanks bagger. Here's the true mystery: four of the larger holes were for thetrolling motor. what are all the others for? LOL

Thanks wave, I'm not sure. I'd like to. Suggestions? I'd like to be able to keep rain off of stuff to some extent up there lol

For the holes, you could get some hydroturf, cut it to fit inside the gunwales, essentially a large triangle shape with the corners rounded to look nice. Then just glue it down....