Pweisbrod's 79 18' mr pike DUCK conversion/rebuild

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really hard to say bro but it looks like the 4 small holes on the portside are from a small trolling motor bracket and the other ones look like they could be from a fish finder mount and from seat pedestal, don’t know why someone would mount them offset but who knows why people do crazy things like that. :LOL2:

I would get a thin sheet of aluminum say .090 and cut it to lay over the top then rivet it down. They look pretty big to JB weld.

Pweisbrod said:
Thanks bagger. Here's the true mystery: four of the larger holes were for thetrolling motor. what are all the others for? LOL
From the factory, the boat had a mounting plate on the starboard side. Yours appears to be missing. That was 4-5 holes. You had the trolling motor, fishfinder, and I'm guessing some sort of Anchormate (or similar device). I think the rectangular pattern of four holes on the port side were from the anchor winch or another cleat.

I had some of the same issues you are seeing. Not as many holes for sure. I taped the bottom of the holes off, and covered them with 5200. Will it last, who knows.

Eddie Spaghetti said:
Pweisbrod said:
Thanks bagger. Here's the true mystery: four of the larger holes were for thetrolling motor. what are all the others for? LOL
From the factory, the boat had a mounting plate on the starboard side. Yours appears to be missing. That was 4-5 holes. You had the trolling motor, fishfinder, and I'm guessing some sort of Anchormate (or similar device). I think the rectangular pattern of four holes on the port side were from the anchor winch or another cleat.

I had some of the same issues you are seeing. Not as many holes for sure. I taped the bottom of the holes off, and covered them with 5200. Will it last, who knows.

Yeah. Good idea. Hey Eddie, where is your capacity plate?

It was on the lower left corner of the dash. I threw a few pics of my new dash on my thread for your review. You'll see the plate in the lower left of the new dash.

Got the console put back together. Herc'd the top of it, and camoed it.

got it in the boat

reconnected the steering, had to really wire brush the tilt tube to get all the rust out.

Then I started painting

Then I took it out for it's maiden voyage!

where i quickly discovered water shooting out of the outlet of the aerator pump. isn't there supposed to be a one way valve or something? LOL. I managed to find this piece of foam still in my uncleaned out livewell, and it fit perfectly and stopped the water from coming in.

Took me a while to get the motor started, but it ran like a top and REALLY boogied down the lake.

:mrgreen: =D> 8)

Sweet! Nice transformation. I can't believe how fast you got it done at the end there. I really dig the camo.

All those holes remind me of....my boat. What's with PO's and new drills?

Badbagger said:
Great job and you got the rest done FAST =D> =D>

Thanks man. I still have TONS of little stuff left. fish finder, aerator, wiring junk, hiding wiring junk, etc.

Alex_c said:
Sweet! Nice transformation. I can't believe how fast you got it done at the end there. I really dig the camo.

All those holes remind me of....my boat. What's with PO's and new drills?

Thanks man! Still gotta do the inside.

That is one bad duck ride! =D> What did you use for a pattern? Hey, I would have expected a check valve in the pump. I think I looked them up on line, and found that any way. I actually put a "rubber cork" in both the inlet, and outlet. You gonna build a blind for the boat?

Thanks man. Yes I will be building a blind, and I will be hiding in the grass.... So I used grass! I just pulled a couple clumps of weeds and used them as negative stencils. Rotating angles and using differents pieces of grass to make variety.

Tonight I put in the new aerator live well pump, why can't I get it to switch to sucking water out? It's an Atwood tsunami 500gph

The little stuff goes fast, just make a list and knock it off one by one. Been there, done that and still doing it :mrgreen: I've still got a good bit to go once the engine has been completely rigged. Hoping to get her back Tuesday. Jackplate mounted up and Etec has been hung.... it'll end someday lmfao.

Thanks bad, my boat is now useable, so jive been seeing what I'd like as far as details. I dabbed up a switch plate yesterday, I will post pics when I can.

Made a switch panel with my Dad. You can tell he helped, because it has some precision to it. He's a computer guy,will thusly be helping me with wiring. things will be much better/neater that way. LOL. :mrgreen:

I liked these switches even though they're HUGE 50a monsters, because the toggles are big enough to use with duck hunting gloves on.

And got the LED lights in for a little testing, still have to be properly wired, but they will work perfectly!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=314778#p314778 said:
Pweisbrod » 14 May 2013, 22:35[/url]"]Thanks man. Yes I will be building a blind, and I will be hiding in the grass.... So I used grass! I just pulled a couple clumps of weeds and used them as negative stencils. Rotating angles and using differents pieces of grass to make variety.

Tonight I put in the new aerator live well pump, why can't I get it to switch to sucking water out? It's an Atwood tsunami 500gph

Did you get the pump working? I think they can actually be wired backwards.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315222#p315222 said:
Pweisbrod » 19 May 2013, 07:26[/url]"]Thanks bad, my boat is now useable, so jive been seeing what I'd like as far as details. I dabbed up a switch plate yesterday, I will post pics when I can.

I forgot to ask, did you run everything to a fuse block?

Very nice switch layout.......simple and it looks good. Your camo job is killer too......I need to figure that out someday. =D> I have not found my artsy side yet. #-o

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315701#p315701 said:
Eddie Spaghetti » 22 May 2013, 18:51[/url]"]
[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315222#p315222 said:
Pweisbrod » 19 May 2013, 07:26[/url]"]Thanks bad, my boat is now useable, so jive been seeing what I'd like as far as details. I dabbed up a switch plate yesterday, I will post pics when I can.

I forgot to ask, did you run everything to a fuse block?

I will be running everything to a master fuse, and then to a fuse block. I was wondering about that, I figured you just switch polarity and it'd turn the other way. 3 way switch?