Quantum CaboPT VS Shimano Baitrunner For Surf Combo

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmytruck

Reaction score
Well I decided on a rod a St Croix Premium 10 foot now I am looking to pair it with a real I am going back and forth between Quantum CaboPT VS Shimano Baitrunner. I like the baitrunner because it is an all purpose reel. But the Cabo is also a great reel that also is more $$$$.. What do U guys think??
Thx
X

You usually can't go wrong with a Shimano, but I can't say for that one model. I used a Cabo for Redfishing and it was smooth and it performed flawlessly. The drag wasn't jerky or anything, and the guide had been using those reels every trip. They seemed like a well made reel.

Tough choice man! I like the magnetic bail on the Quantum and it looks nicer...but it is $100 more.

The Shimano on the other hand does have the bait runner feature for fishing with Live eels.

Both have excellent reviews. Go with the cheaper IMO unless your out there fishing it allot.

Shimano Bait runner all the way!

I suggest that you go with the 3500B if you intend to cast lures at all. The 4500B is a great reel (I have 5) but will wear you out casting and retrieving lures due to the weight

I do like the 3500 just worried about line capacity, I have heard that it does not cast as well as the tunnus would or the stradic or the CABO but all of those reels are about 100 bucks more. The other thing that worries me about the baitrunner is that it does not have a metal frame but everyone states its a reliable reel if you keep up on the upkeep :lol: . Do you use the baitrunner feature :?: :?: Most of the time I am plug fishing only if I go to the beach with the wife I will chunk bait fish.

thx
X