question: adding side storage along one side

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatdoggjake

Reaction score
I started adding a side storage to my bass tracker hull. I framed it up and put one side peice of aluminum on. I measured from the floor up when I framed out my box. But when I step back from it the box does not match the lines in my hull. Should I have built my side storage to match the side of my hull or did I do ok to make it perpendicular to the floor? I was going to take pictures of it to post, but it got too dark. I drew a little sketch in paint to try to show you what I'm looking at.

Attachments

• boat sketch.jpg
    boat sketch.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 827
the yellow area in my picture is my new storage (used for guns/rods). The area above the yellow is the rest of the the sides I have from the top of the storage to the top of the hull. It is probably a 3 or 4 inch difference from front to back. If I would have followed my sides it would of left me with a box that was 12" up front and 9" tall in the back.

Yea, personal preference, but I agree. I would rather have it level with the floor, would make getting in and out stepping on it easier as well as more stable if you have to stand on it.

thanks. I agree after I have had more time to think about it. Have a great weekend. Now its time to peice back my boat together so I can take it fishing this weekend.