Question for the Potomac River jetters

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catmansteve

Reaction score
Not long ago I went across the 340 bridge on the Potomac just downstream from Harpers Ferry, and it got me thinking... Have any of you guys run that rock garden in a jet boat or know anyone that has? Or for that matter, how about the other sections of rapids/rocks in the Harpers Ferry area? I don't figure I'll ever have the nerve to run it, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has and what type of boat they did it in.

That would be a pretty nasty stretch to run. I've never heard of or seen anyone run it.
Seems like it would be really slow going anyway since you would have to take a lot of time trying to find a path through the rocks.

I have been over that bridge many times, never seen a power boat in that section. If I had a jet boat I still wouldn't run it.

I'm thinking it would take a serious boat and possibly high water to run it. Don't know if a uhmw bass boat could do it or if it would take an Oregon/New Zealand style inboard. Surely someone has been crazy enough to TRY it :mrgreen:

In the summer time you would have to dodge all those tubers ;). On a serious note all the Potomac running I have done has never brought me above Landers. Most of our time has been spent between Pennyfield and Whites Ferry.

Latest posts