Question.Please don't flame me.=^)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben2go

Reaction score
I thought about buying a pocket fisherman or one of those pen rod and reels to keep in the car.On my way back from dropping the kids off at school, I wanna stop by the lake for a little while.Kid's mom has the truck and my trunk is full of equipment.No use in coming all the way home and going all the way back.I won't have enough time to fish before my appointments.Any thoughts or suggestions?Anyone use these things with any good out come?

I used to have a Shakespere combo that was in a little case about 12 or 13 inches wide and that thing actually worked good and it didn't take up too much room.
As far as the "pocket rockets" I wouldn't do it .

kentuckybassman said:
I used to have a Shakespere combo that was in a little case about 12 or 13 inches wide and that thing actually worked good and it didn't take up too much room.

Yep, they come in a hard plastic case, and you can get open or closed-faced spinning rigs. I think there may even be a little room for tackle in them.

ST

kentuckybassman said:

yea was that the telescoping one??

This would be better...

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0002749114696a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=telescopic+rod&Ntk=Products&sort=all&Go.y=0&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&_D%3Asort=+&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1&Go.x=0&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

I will check into the suggestions made.I wasn't going for an infomercial sale.I saw these little 5' colapsable spinning rods gave me an idea.I really have no room in the ole Cavalier.I got me and 4 kids plus back packs.My trunk is full of boxes of equipment,I have to force the trunk shut.Something that fits in the trunk, under the seat, back dash in the window is all the room I got. #-o I'm one of those people that's actually a good canidate for an full size SUV or van,but refuse to buy a gas guzzler.To proud to buy a mommy van.One day I'll give in and admit defeat. :LOL2:

There is cheaper pack rods out there that will do the trick, But I do have a pocketfisherman in my collection in the box. I always wanted one as a kid but got one off Ebay. Sounds like the mumps or something. :mrgreen: But a pack rod like the Ugly Stick goes in my hunting pack just in case.
WFFF

More what I was talking about:
https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0010505116344a&navCount=3&podId=0010505&parentId=cat20287&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat20287&catalogCode=XJ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20287&hasJS=true

ST

SlimeTime said:
https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0010505116344a&navCount=3&podId=0010505&parentId=cat20287&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat20287&catalogCode=XJ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20287&hasJS=true

ST

This is what I am looking for.I'm considering the Diawa and a couple others,like Shakespere.I might consider a telescoping rod.

I used a buddy's pocket fisherman....

I was better off using his daughters Barbie rod/reel.... By the way - have you guys ever put braid on one of these reels? After using hers, I bought one and put braid on it - BEST flipping rod I've got!

SlimeTime said:

ST
I have gotten one of those. Course, it is about 25 or 30 years old. Dad got it in his motorcycle days, when he would ride in the mountains. Every now and then, he would stop and dunk a few spinners. The reel has worn out - the antireverse is no more, but the rod is still great, and I sometimes will take my light action Pfleuger reel and this UL minispin rod when backpacking on scout trips. Pulled quite a few bream in on that combo.

russ010 said:
I was better off using his daughters Barbie rod/reel.... By the way - have you guys ever put braid on one of these reels? After using hers, I bought one and put braid on it - BEST flipping rod I've got!

That reminds me of this.

Latest posts