Raleigh Bass Fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkapl001

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone has any reports of the lakes around Raleigh. I am only here during the week and I try and fish once or so a week and would like a report. I usually fish either lake Raleigh on the NC State campus or Lake Johnson.

Thanks

Ditto on the ncangler but i will say I heard shearin harris is heating up as well as the shad run but i don't think they'll be that far up the river this week

I hit johnson, wheeler, and jordan lake this week and the fishing was really spotty each day had drastically different conditions but i found a lot of good fish. Jordan was the best fishing the northern end of the lake at the back of coves finding them on jigs and lipless crankbaits, me and my partner probally put 20 or more in the boat none being under 3lbs so it was a really good day. Wheeler was tough I couldnt find a pattern but found some pretty good fishing hanging out near overhanging bushes and logs and stuff running that lipless ripping it through cover. I didnt fish johnson long but bites were hard to find as hard as i could tell mostly just dinks.. good luck. Get a good lipless crankbait and toss it all day and you will be fine.

I will agree with you all day! I spent most of the morning sunday(yesterday) fishing 8-10 range of water without a bite here. I moved to another spot i normally catch them before they move up to spawn with no luck until i start beating the bank. All three fish i caught were in a foot or so of water. Personally i think next weekend is going to be the weekend. Its supposed to be high 70's and full moon. :D

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I plan to start to hit Lake Johnson in the next week or so. It's the only lake that rents boats and I don't have anywhere to keep my boat down here during the week. I will post a report if I go.

Latest posts