Re-power Yamaha C90

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackshear

Reaction score
What options are there besides another Yamaha 90 to re-power my 1806 Pathfinder? I had this same boat previously with a Yamaha C115 and the weight was too much for the boat for my liking. The problem with the 115 is the scuppers were below the water line and water was constantly around your feet once you stopped. So weight must be less than 330 pounds. I'm sure the best thing is to go with a newer two stroke Yamaha 90 but I thought I would put this question out there to see if anyone has any other suggestions. Thanks

have you given any thought to the F70? It's around 250 lbs, so a little weight loss compared to your C90. Plus all the benefits. I posted a idle video of an F70 a while back. The engine is so quiet running that the only thing you hear is the pee water hitting the surface of the test tank, and if you pull the cowling you can actually hear the injectors "ticking". Impressive motor for sure. I just don't know if the 20 hp difference is acceptable to you.

turbotodd said:
have you given any thought to the F70? It's around 250 lbs, so a little weight loss compared to your C90. Plus all the benefits. I posted a idle video of an F70 a while back. The engine is so quiet running that the only thing you hear is the pee water hitting the surface of the test tank, and if you pull the cowling you can actually hear the injectors "ticking". Impressive motor for sure. I just don't know if the 20 hp difference is acceptable to you.

That is an interesting thought but I don't think that the performance would be good enough for me. Right now I can only get 35 mph out of the 90.