Recommend a Line

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmytruck

Reaction score
Looking for a new mono or co-polymer line that is not P-line (big spools have major quality issue inconsistent diameter) or yo zuri . I also used trilene did not like the line too much stretch , in short I am look for a good mono that has the same stretch has p-line has... The line is for abu stx reel .. let me know what you guys think...

thx

x

What lures do you like to use the most on this setup?

10# Sufix Seige is a good one for me for various lures.

Brine said:
What lures do you like to use the most on this setup?

10# Sufix Seige is a good one for me for various lures.
One of the combos is pure crankbait set up (7 foot st croix avid crankbait model) and the other one is a jerkbait rod( 6'6 St croix avid med fast)..

I have also switched to 10# Sufix. It's a great mono with almost no memory. I use it for all of my lures. (Cranks, soft plastics, spinnerbaits, etc.). It's a versatile line and recommend it.

I only use 2 types of line and have not had any problems with them.
McCoy 8 or 10lb test for my crankingand spinning needs
IZORE line for everything else I use 15 and 17lbs for flipping and other jig/worm needs
these are fantastic

xmytruck said:
One of the combos is pure crankbait set up (7 foot st croix avid crankbait model) and the other one is a jerkbait rod( 6'6 St croix avid med fast)..

I think you'd like the Sufix

+ 1 for Sufix. If for some reason I abandoned flouro I would go back to Sufix.

I crank with Trilene xl only, either 8 or 10 lb line... Haven't had any issues, But I also do not hook set on crank baits.. I just pull back and reel... I will be upping my game with some triplefish for my big swimbaits this spring...

Gamma is my co-polymer of choice, but I fish Bass Pro Shops XPS flouro 95% of the time.

stew6371 said:
Gamma is my co-polymer of choice, but I fish Bass Pro Shops XPS flouro 95% of the time.

If you are a gamma fan you better get it whille you can:

To All GAMMA Technologies Pro Staff:

The Board of Directors of Ferrari Importing Company (FIC), the parent
company of GAMMA Technologies, has voted to de-emphasize the manufacture of
fishing line. FIC will focus on it's core business going into 2010 via it's
Tennis division, GAMMA Sports. GAMMA Tennis strings have been voted the #1
string by the United States Racquet String Association for over 30 years
since 1972!

Thx guys for the input what you guys think of suffix and which one should I get the red or blue one?
thx
x

I use Sufix, 10# Elite (Red)
80865-t.jpg

I think you should give it a try, and let us know what you think :wink:

my partner was using suffix seige this past weekend in a tourney - and he couldn't break the stuff when he got hung up in the rocks or trees... I think he was using 8-10# on a spinning rod

MeanMouth said:
I use Sufix, 10# Elite (Red)
80865-t.jpg

I think you should give it a try, and let us know what you think :wink:

I was going to try the blue I tried the red one on a spinning reel a while back and was not really crazy about it..

I use 10# sufix and I have tried just about everything out there. I use it in salt water and it has the least amount of memory and it lasts.

10# Silverthread.

Strung up my reel in 1990, still have had nothing break the line, including me as I pull my boat around by a snag. This stuff is amazing and smaller than normal 10# line.

Love it, don't have a desire to use anything else.
Bufford in Orlando