Reelfoot Lake

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim said:
nathanielrthomas said:
Im definately down. Reelfoot isnt that far for me at all. As long as im still in the states at that time. 2011 would be better :D

Already used used my vacation days (planned for the year) for 2011. I wish coy posted that picture sooner. :LOL2:

Maybe I'll do a little reconnaissance work in the meantime 8)

I will be there at the end of March or early April in 2012. Good crappie time! That is what we fish for when we go. But you can also catch largemouth, catfish, etc. This place also produces the biggest bluegill I have ever seen! Great place.

Well hopefully life will be more normal for me by then I'm defiantly in. It's only about an hour and a half for me. And Jim Memphis would defiantly be your closest Major Airport.

Nice pics Coy. I'd really like to get down there and shoot some pics.

Coy said:
I will be there April 7-10! Counting down the days! I have been reading some crazy stuff online though. Something about pumps taking all of the water out of the ground and causing reelfoot lake to drop in water level. Anyone hear anything about this? You Quackerstacker? Anyways, would be cool to finally meet some of the posters on here, and I may have to hit up Boyettes this year. Pretty good food huh? See you there? :)

The water level is back up now, we have had quite a bit of rain the last couple of weeks. Reelfoot is known for panfish but has a nice population of largemouth bass lots in the 4-8 lb range.

Crappie has usually slowed down but can be found in deeper water. Close to the full moon the Bream/bluegill will be spawning and there could be a bunch of people after them. Usually early and late are good for largemouth. This lake is full of lilly pads, cypress trees, stumps and logs, plenty of territory for fish to hide. I am attaching a fishing report from mid june last year to give you an idea. This is not a lake to forget your insect repellant at.

Reelfoot Lake Fishing Report for:
June 14, 2010

Reelfoot Lake is pool level, water temps are 83 to 85 degree range. Water color is clear to slightly stained (greenish / brown) all over the lake.

Bluegill: Great! bluegill are being caught 3-5' around the pads and shore line on popeye jigs, crickets and wax worms.

Crappie: Fair. Some are being caught in 12-15' water drifting minnows or jigs. Remember, the limit is 30 Crappie per day per man. There are no size limits on Reelfoot Lake.

Bass: Good. Some nice size fish are being caught around the shore line fishing the duckweed with top water baits. Fish the trees and lilly pads using soft plastics, spinnerbaits and jigs.

Catfish: Great. The catfish are on fire and biting all over the lake. Some are still being caught fishing Yo-Yo's and trotlines.

Stripes: No report