Removing some of the seat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler_W

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have a question. I know it's not smart to remove the whole seat out of the boat but i was wondering what if i just cut out some of it. like have a foot of seat still coming out of the wall to the middle and have a section cut down and across to the other side. Do you think that would affect the integrity of the boat? I don't think it will but i was just going to ask you guys. O know that i'll need to add the foam back too

Tyler_W said:
Hey guys, i have a question. I know it's not smart to remove the whole seat out of the boat but i was wondering what if i just cut out some of it. like have a foot of seat still coming out of the wall to the middle and have a section cut down and across to the other side. Do you think that would affect the integrity of the boat? I don't think it will but i was just going to ask you guys. O know that i'll need to add the foam back too

Here is my post, https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1676

I cut basically a U shape then reinforced it with plywood, seems stronger than before. All of the foam was distributed below the front decking.

Yeah your boat is were a got my design but what about cutting from the bottom of the U all the way to one side? I have a pretty cool idea of what i wanna do

Shouldn't be a problem as long as some of the seat is still attached and you reinforce it. Got a pic or drawing of what you are wanting to do?

Yeah here's something i just drew up on a drafting program. I'm going to make an alluminum frame around it anyway.
boat%20seat.bmp

I like it, I would just make sure to keep the seat centered in the boat, which I'm sure you already know.

Yeah i;m gonna keep it in the center. When i get this new boat i;m looking at it;s gonna be a sweet set-up that i have in mind.

Latest posts