Revenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkbr

Reaction score
I few years ago, a good friend of mine was living in a rental house. It was a nice place, but didn't have a garage. So he put up one of those canvas "tent" type of structures with plans of being able to take it with him when he moved away. After awhile, this younger neighbor started hanging around, stopping by for a beer every now and then and what not and they got to know one another, somewhat. After a few months, my friend started to notice his fuel cans were turning up empty. After being a little suspicious (and with tracks in the snow to help) he was almost certain it was the neighbor. At which point, he called me. (I work at Caterpillar's engine R&D lab.) My friend told me what was going on, and that he wanted to teach the neighbor a lesson, but, a lesson that he would actually teach himself. Rather than talk to the neighbor, he wanted to bait a trap. His plan was to mix up a can of "fuel" and leave it in his garage. We joked about adding everything from muriatic acid to nalcool, but in the thought of safety, decided water would do the trick. With a 5 gallon gas can mixed with about 4 gallons of water and about a half a gallon of fuel for scent, the bait was placed. It didn't take long, my friend said he was coming home from work one evening and the neighbors truck was on the side of the road, about a mile from his house. When he got home, walked in the garage to check the bait, and sure enough, he had taken it. That neighbor never did figure out what had happened, or, if he did he never said a word of it to me friend...... Sweet revenge.... We all had a good laugh about it here at work when all of this took place.

I had purchased some gas for my boat one morning on the way to the lake and it turned out to be bad. It was in a six gallon tank. I had left it outside wondering what I was going to do with it. A couple of days later a neighbor asked me if I was missing a gas can because he found one in his yard along with a homemade funnel. I checked and the tank was gone. Someone had stolen it and I guess poured it into their vehicle then left it in my neighbors yard. I have always wondered how well their car ran with a fuel, oil and water mixture in their tank. At least they disposed of it for me and I was able to get my tank back.

Latest posts