Robr3004's Tracker 1436 Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks

I haven't leveled out the front decking.....every time it's nice out, I decide to fish instead....plus now that I have my wireless controller for the trolling motor, I don't even use the foot control pedal anymore. I really didn't think I would like the wireless controller, but I love it.

I used 4 AWG which I purchased at $1.23 a foot from Genuinedealz.com They have great prices on marine tinned wire. Very flexible.

Robr - anything new going on with your boat? I have a 1436 as well and was interested in what you were doing with it now? Status update if you can... Excited to see other people's 1436's!!!

BTW - thanks again for the carpet help on my mod. You should check out my finished project. Your suggestions were right on point!

Hooky1420 said:
Robr - anything new going on with your boat? I have a 1436 as well and was interested in what you were doing with it now? Status update if you can... Excited to see other people's 1436's!!!

BTW - thanks again for the carpet help on my mod. You should check out my finished project. Your suggestions were right on point!

No updates as of yet, but I have plans this winter to make some storage areas out of the bench seats, but now that I looked at your Mod, which is friggin awesome, I think I might have to re-think my ideas. I really like the decking and storage space.

robr3004 said:
No updates as of yet, but I have plans this winter to make some storage areas out of the bench seats, but now that I looked at your Mod, which is friggin awesome, I think I might have to re-think my ideas. I really like the decking and storage space.

Thanks a lot. Put a lot of work into her. I am probably going to do something like you did up front with your front mount trolling motor eventually, but right now I don't even have an outboard and am powering it by a transom mount TM. So that is pretty far down the road. I'm pretty happy with the way mine has turned out so far though. A lot of those ideas originally came from seeing your mod. Can't thank you enough for the carpet help, the photos you posted were right on point. Good luck with your plans, and if you need to know anything I did, ask, and I will get back to you with the best information I can. Since we have the same boat, a lot of the measurements I took will be the same, which may make it a whole lot easier for you. Have a great winter of planning!

hey man i wana say very nice mod there ... i just picked up the same boat tracker 1436.. i wana put a deck on it just like yours. i want to use plywood guessing 3/4.. just want to know exactly what hardware you used to mount the deck to the boat what kind of screws to do this and how to do it .. sorry im really new to this i dont have pictures of boat yet.. if you could please help me id greatly appreciate it!

rber1596 said:
hey man i wana say very nice mod there ... i just picked up the same boat tracker 1436.. i wana put a deck on it just like yours. i want to use plywood guessing 3/4.. just want to know exactly what hardware you used to mount the deck to the boat what kind of screws to do this and how to do it .. sorry im really new to this i dont have pictures of boat yet.. if you could please help me id greatly appreciate it!

Thanks....I used 3/4 Plywood, I don't recall the screw size, but I definitely used stainless steel hardware. Also, the only decking that is screwed down are the decks on top of the bench seats and the front deck where the motor is mounted. The decks on the floors are just laying on the bottom. This way I can remove them to clean underneath them.......but all that is going to change. I'm now in the process of buying aluminum tubing to build real decks similar to what Hooky1420 did on his.

Good Luck.

I think the only special stuff I order online was the tinned marine wire, single post bus bars and 60amp breaker. The other stuff was either from Lowes, Walmart or Autozone. Ohh and West Marine for some of the larger size marine wire connectors.

Well after a lot of thought and consideration about what to do with my decking to raise it up and add a gas motor, I decided to put the money towards a bigger boat. As much as I love my little tin, I decided to upgrade to a 17ft Bass tracker so that I can fish with 2 or sometimes 3 of my other friends at the same time.

Here is the new boat I pickup this weekend:
2005 Tracker 175 60 HP 4 stroke Mercury
BOAT.JPG

robr3004 said:
Well after a lot of thought and consideration about what to do with my decking to raise it up and add a gas motor, I decided to put the money towards a bigger boat. As much as I love my little tin, I decided to upgrade to a 17ft Bass tracker so that I can fish with 2 or sometimes 3 of my other friends at the same time.

BOAT.JPG

Aww man! I was looking forward to seeing what you came up with on your decking!!! I can't be mad at you though... That is an awesome looking boat! I have to go wash the drool off my chin now... :LOL2: Good luck with it man!

Hooky1420 said:
robr3004 said:
Aww man! I was looking forward to seeing what you came up with on your decking!!! I can't be mad at you though... That is an awesome looking boat! I have to go wash the drool off my chin now... :LOL2: Good luck with it man!

Yeah....I kinda figured I would disappoint a few tinboater's, especially with my big plans for the 1436 that I won't be completing. Part of me still wants to put front decking on, but I need to sell it to offset the new boat. Hopefully the next owner will join tinboats.net and add some decking. I'll be sure to point them to the website.

You should post photos of your first fish you catch on your new boat if you haven't already done that... I'm excited for you dude. I love my tin, but the idea is to eventually upgrade to a bass boat and keep the tin for the electric only water bodies.

Hooky1420 said:
robr3004 said:

BOAT.JPG

If I can ever figure out how to shrink my pics You could start watching my 1542 build

Actually going to pick up the boat tomorrow morning, but probably won't be able to fish on it for a week or so while I wait for DMV to get the title from the sellers bank and re-title it in my name, then register it. :( But I do have a fishing trip planned in two weeks to Vermont so that will probably be the maiden voyage.

I've been trying to make a decision on if I want to keep my 1436 for electric only lakes, but I think I'm gonna sell it. The Tracker has a 80lb 24volt Minn Kota Fortress on it and that sucker really moves the boat. Also, I still have a 45lb transom motor and an extra battery for the really long days on the electric only lakes.

Knox37 - Here is a great little utility for resizing your photos. Simply drag your photo(s) to the program and it re-sizes them for you. I use it all the time before posting images online.

https://download.cnet.com/Fast-Image-Resizer/3000-2192_4-75448480.html?tag=rb_content;main

Hi All. new guy here. Just bought Robs 1436. What a great transaction and great guy. I'm sure me and my son Zach will have some great times with Rob's work of art.

Mark said:
Hi All. new guy here. Just bought Robs 1436. What a great transaction and great guy. I'm sure me and my son Zach will have some great times with Rob's work of art.

Mark, I happy to see my boat go to someone I know....good luck with her and if you have any questions please let me know. Also, most of my ideas came from tinboats.net, it's an awesome site and everyone on here has been very helpful.

Congrats on the new rig, Rob! Same model/year (and color) I used to have, only mine had a 50hp on the back, and a different tm on the front. Gotta love that Electric Blue color, and I kept it and the trailer waxed and shiny with Meguiar's auto wax! 8)

Pic of the one I had
Stbd_view.JPG
:

Latest posts