Saltwater And Bass Baits?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassAddict

Reaction score
Hey all Im considering giving the bass a break for the fall/winter and concentrating on some saltwater fishing. Have any of yas tried and had any success on bass lures (senkos, spinnerbaits or crankbaits) in saltwater?

Whatever will bite, i know there are snook, red fish, lady fish and stingrays in the area but other that I have no clue. I figured i can swim a smoke shad tiki stick so it looked like a drunken/dazzed bait fish for a start.

Edit: Theres also black drum

Redfish will take spinnerbaits and crankbaits and senkos! Many anglers use senkos for saltwater fishing (or similar lures). I'm not sure what's there in florida but senkos drifted off the bottom would be killer for some fluke.

Redfish = Johnson Silver Minnow

That is all you need!

Most FW Bass lures do not have hooks strong enough for SW Fish - their mouths are much tougher!

You are probably better off using live or cut bait with the proper rigs

esquired said:
Redfish = Johnson Silver Minnow

That is all you need!

Most FW Bass lures do not have hooks strong enough for SW Fish - their mouths are much tougher!

You are probably better off using live or cut bait with the proper rigs

And, most freshwater hooks are easily corroded by saltwater.

Get a few plugs for the salt - some Habs are always a standard, Kastmasters are good, Yo-Zuri makes some decent stuff as well.

Further, get some Gulp Baits - 3" crabs, shrimp and squid strips are all great.

you then have all the advantages of real bait without having to lug a cooler around.

Good luck and let us know how you make out :D

esquired said:
Get a few plugs for the salt - some Habs are always a standard, Kastmasters are good, Yo-Zuri makes some decent stuff as well.

Further, get some Gulp Baits - 3" crabs, shrimp and squid strips are all great.

you then have all the advantages of real bait without having to lug a cooler around.

Good luck and let us know how you make out :D

Did you know Habs recently passed away? https://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12 All the topics in the Stripertalk section are of his passing. I didn't know him personally, but a lot of people there did. Still sad though.