Sea Ark Boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Springcreekman

Reaction score
I am thinking very seriously of pulling the trigger on a new SeaArk 1860 Tunnel Pro CC. The power I have chosen is a 70 Yamaha 4 Strk. Can anyone share the good, bad, and ugly about these boats?
I am also looking at a River Extreme 170; not a tunnel, but a little less $$$. Any feedback on either boats would be apprecioated.
Thanks in advance for your help.

If it is anything like my friend's 2005ish Sea Ark, you won't have a thing to worry about. His is a 1652 (or 1654...can't remember exactly) mod V with a 40 horse on the back. It rides better than any other tin I have been in (many), handles the rough stuff very well, keeps occupants dry, and is almost over-built. It's all welded and made out of .100 aluminum. It's pretty much the boat I am working up to. :mrgreen:

I have a SeaArk 1872 CC that I'm doing a total renovation from ground up on. These boats are a tank and the 1872's and up are made out of .125 material. I've owned 3 G3's and a boat by Xtreme and they were all a decent boat but NO WHERE near the quality of build of a SeaArk. Before you jump on NEW, search Craigslist. I bought my 1872 which is a 2007 bought new in 09 with an 09 trailer and had a far too small engine and bought it for $6200, sold the engine so the hull and trailer cost me $1800. Try using searchtempest dot com. That boat will take a direct hit from a hand grenade and keep on trucking :mrgreen:

I've got a 98' model, and I have put it through every imaginable scenario. It is built like a tank. You'll pay extra for that, but it is well worth it.

mattwheaton said:
I've got a 98' model, and I have put it through every imaginable scenario. It is built like a tank. You'll pay extra for that, but it is well worth it.

X2 - VERY hard to find as well especially here in Florida. I found mine on Craigslist in TN. They command top dollar in the used market and do NOT last long.
In the time it took me to find ONE SeaArk, I bought and sold 3 G3's.

Many thanks to those that have replied and offered their opinions. I agree they are little pricey, but I think the old addage comes into play here...."you get what you pay for". I agree, the used ones are few and far between. I have the patience level of an ant, so I will probably end up going with a new boat.
I would still like to hear from anyone with experience with an RX model as compared to the Tunnel Pro. From what I can tell, the only differences I am seeing is that the tunnel has flotation pods and will run in a couple to three inches shallower (based on the depth of the tunnel).
Thanks again to those took the time to give me their feedback. Once I decide, I will be sure to post a couple of pics of what i end up with. :beer:

Glad to help. Before you just JUMP into NEW, search here: https://www.searchtempest.com/

It's how I found my SeaArk. You can put in a distance from your location.

Loved every minute of my Sea Ark and we've used it in every way imaginable since it was new in 1994. Well worth the money.

I just picked up a new Sea Ark 1652 MV last week. I ordered it to my specs. It has a .125 floor, built in 12 gallon gas tank, light package, tm wiring with a MinnKota SE 55lb TM. Bass seats, electric breaker package, folding lid across the back from the seat to the transom. Gator Hide floor, flotation pods, transducer mount and a Mercury 30hp tiller with tilt and trim. Galvanized trailer with spare. Have had it in the water one time and you can't believe how quickly it moves on out and up on plane. Not real fast and didn't expect it to be, hit 28mph for a second while just running it. Aluminum Prop, 3blade. The workmanship is really very good. I like it. So does my wife. What else can I say!

Latest posts