Seaark 1872. Ready to mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4calvert

Reaction score
New 1872 and getting ready to put in some rear bench storage. I know some great mods and rebuilds have been done, but I need some knowledge and advice.
The plan is to use the circular and jig to cut the rear bench hatch opening. Then start hacking foam. Can someone tell me if there is a floor or flat surface under the foam or is it bracing and bilge. I have the factory tread plate floor which mounts to the bottom of the bench. I wasn't sure if I am going to have to put in some aluminum sheet pieces in the cutout.
Thanks and I will update as the project continues.

I have an 1860 sea ark that I did a rebuild on. The flooring of mine stopped at the front of the bench seat. reach under the seat from the back splash well and you will probably feel the block of foam that the seat is filled with.

My Seaark 1872MV had fore/aft bracing under the rear seat. I would call Seaark and find out the exact placement of them before I stared cutting. I know they are close to the centerline because they were used to back the nuts for my rear deck fishing chair base. Ask for John Nelson, he should be able to get you the information you need.

I had forgotten about this thread until this afternoon. This guy did one killer mod on his 1872 SeaArk. It is definitely worth you checking it out.
https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=22734

Thanks for looking out. Country I loved that rebuild you referenced, it just didn't have a good picture of the bottom of the rear bench after the cuts and the foam was out.
As far as the bracing, I was just going to rivet the hatch to tighten things back up. I would like to call and ask, but thought they would give me the blues for cutting, removing, and modifing their perfect build.

Latest posts