sealing riviets

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

25yamaha

Reaction score
hello I have and older lowe superior that I am currently working on :D and I was wondering what products would be good for sealing the riviets on it #-o ? I don't want to add extra weight and I don't care about noise :p ... I tried to find steelflex on the internet but I couldn't find it :oops: #-o if some one has suggestions or the website it would be greatly appreciated!!

I use 3M 5200 on about 15 rivets. They seem to be secure as all get out.

Although I haven't tested my boat in water... hA!

I never tried sealing a rivet. I have drilled then out and replaced with a nut and bolt with 3m3200. I could not find 5200 at my local hardware stores. It seemed to do the job as well. 3200 is not as good as 5200 for this application but still works

thanks for the website! :lol: im not familiar with the 3m5200 do you apply to the single rivet or can you do the entire boat with a roller or brush? :roll: does gulvit seal riviets or is it for more of a sound/grip idea?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=355692#p355692 said:
25yamaha » 13 Jun 2014, 16:00[/url]"]thanks for the website! :lol: im not familiar with the 3m5200 do you apply to the single rivet or can you do the entire boat with a roller or brush? :roll: does gulvit seal riviets or is it for more of a sound/grip idea?
Gluvit works great but should be applied to the inside. 5200 is a caulk, not something to coat the entire boat with. Great for individual rivets and to seal bolts and thru hull connections.

Latest posts