SeArk 1872 MV delivered this week. Now the fun begins

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that I had posted these, but I guess I didn't. This is the completed electrical system for motor starting, battery charging, and battery combining for a dead starting battery.
A Blue Sea ACR charges both batteries when the motor is running, both batteries are fused with 100A ANL fuses going to the ACR. The cable to the trolling motor is protected by a 60A Blue Sea resettable circuit breaker and the console is fed with #8 marine wire and also protected by a 25A circuit breaker. The storage areas by the batteries are lined with vinyl diamond tread matting(Not shown) to prevent stuff from sliding around.

A Starboard door with a locking SS latch covers the openin the console nicely..

I got it back from the T-Top place Tuesday. Glenn @ Custom Marine Concepts in Spring,Texas did it and this thing is a work of art. Glenn and his guys are the toppest of the notch, both to deal with and their product. I also had him build me a short leaning post to replace the one that came on the boat. The leaning post and the rear fishing chair were the same height so the chair was unusable as it was. I could have bought a taller post but I wanted to be able to sit down to drive and I wanted some storage under the seat. The short leaning post cured all three issues. The top has front and rear deck Lumitec flood lights. I'll wire them to separate switches on the panel and also add a couple of Lumitec Led strip lights at the bottom of the console for courtesy/night fishing lights. Those strips were salvaged off my G3 before I traded it. I did a console flush mount with the Stereo because the Humminbird display takes up all of the console top and the VHF will be mounted in the T-Top.

The mounting bases for the top are 3/8" aluminum plate attached to the floor by drilling and tapping into the subfloor supports and screwed down with 1/4-20 machine screws I'm a believer in machine screws over self tapping ones. Everything that I installed was done that way. Even if you are only working with 1/4" plate, with 1/4-20 screws you still have 5 threads holding, so nothing is going to go anywhere.

My original thought was to have a cooler rack integrated with the front of the T-Top, but I realized that when I did not want to use a cooler(The console was ordered without a bait well or storage box) for seating, that space would still be taken up and would be unusable exept to set a tool box down in, so I opted out of that idea. I'm going with the Kennedy Cooler hold down for the cooler seat. I'll fabricate an additional set of deck plates for the hold downs and that gives me the option of using the either a 54 or a 96 quart cooler for a seat. I think the success of this setup is credited to having each space do multiple functions.
I found a place in North Carolina (Fin-Addict)that builds Starboard stuff at a reasonable price and I had two storage boxes that fit on each side of the leaning post and that each hold two 3700 Plano tackle boxes. That lets me swap out between electrical connectors and mechanical fasteners for work with fishing tackle boxes. They also did the door on the front of the console. It looks a lot nicer than an open hole that stuff gets thrown into.
I still have to order speakers for the stereo. The plan for today is to install the GPS speedometer and complete the T-Top light wiring to the switch panel. It's been fun, but it's time to go fishing and I really need some good weather.

Here is a shot of the tackle box holders. The advantage of custom building is that you can make stuff to fit in spaces where it wouldn't normally fit. These go just right on each side of the leaning post.

The console only came from SeaArk with a tach and fuel gauge, so everything else was installed by me.

The white gizmos attached to the rib in the upper right corner of the bottom pic are holders that I fabricated out of Starboard that accommodate removable fishing rod holders. The holders for each side are three rod Starboard holders from Boat Outfitters. I wanted them removable so that when not fishing, they aren't sticking out to snag stuff or get run into and broken.

You did me proud brother! I've got another SeaArk project idea for the perfect little skinny skiff with a tiller. 1652 MVT and some custom sheet metal work. Not this year though, my Layton build on tht has my full attention. My wife has my full attention as well, the **** Layton is going to end up costing me 1.5 times what I paid for my first house LOL :mrgreen:

So the skinny tinny SeaArk project is a year out but came across the idea quite by accident with some photos I found.