Sedona?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Just boughtthe wife a new Shimano Sedona 4000FB. I was gonna spool it up with some #12 mono and when I was cranking it, it made rubbing noises and I could feel a vibration in conjunction with the rub. Is this typical of the Sedona or did I just get a bad one? Going back to BPS tomorrow to either exchange for another one of get a better reel.

They open at 9:00. I'll be there shortly after that. They had 4 of them behind the counter yesterday and if they all do it I'll be moving up one reel.

I agree with the others. You've just got a lemon I think. I've got 2 sedona's and I really like both of them. I've got a 2500 and 1500...used the 2500 from about this time last year and it's seen alot of use and still works great. Just got the 1500 a month or so ago.

Went to BPS this morning and exchanged the reel. The new one is silky smooth. I did notice that when I went to buy the one yesterday the tape on the box had already been broken. This one was still sealed. All is well. Of course she probably won't even go fishing while we are in Texas now.