She's Gone....

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thill

Reaction score
<<<Playing Hall & Oats, looking a bit misty-eyed>>>

I actually did it. I sold my Princecraft. Selling is supposed to be a happy day, but it isn't. That was a GREAT boat. So many good times in it. Bought it to flip, but it became my personal, always ready utility boat for about a decade. My heart hurts a little. <Deep sigh>

There, I said it. I'm going back to my latest theme song now... "She's gone... oooh aaah, oooh aah..."

Resized_20220902_193152 (3).jpeg
20231027_143046.jpgResized_20220902_193134.jpeg
Resized_20230201_074127.jpeg
Resized_20230202_171252.jpeg
Message_1527693237759.jpg20180601_071958.jpg
Resized_20220906_185002.jpeg

They only boat I've ever sold regrettably was my alumacraft mv 1648 ncs. I owned that boat for over a decade and had many great times in it. It was a great rig and I could take it anywhere but I was single when I bought it and didn't envision cramming a wife and eventually 2 kids into it.

I have sold a bunch of them. I miss some a little, some not at all. This boat was cheap and not pretty, but I really used it, more often than several of my other small boats combined. Several people tried to negotiate for it, and I just said, "No, goodbye." This guy came, looked at the boat, and threw out his hand and said, "DEAL!" Too late to back out now.

One thing that makes me happy is that he really liked the boat, and saw the value in it. He liked everything about it, especially the motor. So it went to a good home.

I have the 16 Spectrum, and it's a great little boat. I just need to start making memories in that one.

I have no regrets selling any of the boats I’ve owned. It just means I’m moving on to something different. Now motorcycles is a different story. Pretty much regret selling everyone I’ve sold.

I feel your pain, when I sold my 16 foot Lowe extra wide boat I thought much like many have move to to the next boat. But, in reality I never got over that boat, selling it to fund a newer boat that didn't last 5 years before I sold it. My old Lowe boat was where I got to take my Dad fishing and we fished every weekend in rivers, lakes and ponds with her. 9.9 Mercury powered, never let us down, never leaked, was just a fun boat with many great memories.

Yeah, some boats are special. My current 22 center console bay boat is one of those boats. I bought it to flip, thinking it was too flat to handle the Bay chop, and it only had a little 115 on the back. I planned to put a 150 on the back, spiff if up and sell it for a tidy profit. I took it out on a whim, and was shocked at the ride and the speed. As the guy said, it did 40 with a little 115 on the back. Crazy! And it rode softer and better than bigger boats I'd had. HUH???

Curious, I "tested" it more and more, and was delighted. I think that was back in 2009, and I still love that thing. I found out later that it was a small-production boat that is still highly sought after. I see why, it's a rare combination. I've had many, many offers to buy it, but nope, not interested. Go find your own!

The Princecraft did not have a special ride. But it was roomy fast and it sure was fun.

Ah, gee. You guys are going make me cry if you keep it up.

Actually, I have to sell my Crestliner 1750 Tournament pro in the spring. It’s been a great fishing platform but, I don’t want to keep three boats. Maybe I’ll try the new one a few times before selling the old one.

Best way to get over selling a boat is to buy a better/bigger boat!

Best way to get over selling a boat is to buy a better/bigger boat!
I guess it's like when you lose a dog. Get a puppy, and it will keep you so busy that you don't have time to be sad.

First, they are so cute and happy to see you that it melts your heart. And then the other part..."No! Stop! That's not a chew toy! Don't poop there! Leave the cat alone! Stop jumping! Drop the shoe! Stop chewing the corner of the couch!" You just have to smile.

I wanted to congratulate you, but you said it was a sad day. I'm glad to hear it went to someone who appreciates it and saw the value in how you made it such a nice boat. I have many boats that I should have kept...both power and sail. I still think about them time to time. But the new boat, boat projects, and fishing keeps me plenty busy. I'm sure your other boats will do the same for you.

BTW....Oats is wanting sell...Hall said no dice!!

BTW....Oats is wanting sell...Hall said no dice!!
I heard rumors that they broke up... Didn't know it was over a boat!

On the other hand, that Sprectrum is an awesome boat!
It's not as stable as the Princecraft, but it is a much softer ride and it's well protected from the elements, so it's not bad at all.

I would like it more if it didn't have engine issues. The engine runs great, but you have to keep squeezing the fuel bulb or it will starve out. I'm pretty sure it's a cracked diaphragm in the fuel pump, but I haven't looked. I parked it after the last trip, and have been using the other boat. Now I'll have to face the music. I just need to get motivated enough to go out and fix it. :roll eyes:

I heard rumors that they broke up... Didn't know it was over a boat!
The selling, and litigation, is over the selling of their music catalog.
It's not as stable as the Princecraft, but it is a much softer ride and it's well protected from the elements, so it's not bad at all.

I would like it more if it didn't have engine issues. The engine runs great, but you have to keep squeezing the fuel bulb or it will starve out. I'm pretty sure it's a cracked diaphragm in the fuel pump, but I haven't looked. I parked it after the last trip, and have been using the other boat. Now I'll have to face the music. I just need to get motivated enough to go out and fix it. :roll eyes:
The

Ah, gee. You guys are going make me cry if you keep it up.

Actually, I have to sell my Crestliner 1750 Tournament pro in the spring. It’s been a great fishing platform but, I don’t want to keep three boats. Maybe I’ll try the new one a few times before selling the old one.
That would be a very smart move IMHO. In my case, I decided to sell off my 14' Larivee /15 merc package that I had had for 10+ years because I figured it was time for something bigger and more capable. I ended up custom outfitting a new 16' Mirrocraft Outfitter with a 30 Tohatsu and all the gadgets. The Mirocraft was a nice boat and did have more capabilities but it weighed 200% more than it's predecessor. Even moving it around the driveway was a task. I always missed the ease of moving, towing, launching, maintaining and skinny water capabilities of the smaller Larvae. It didn't take long to figure out that the mirrocraft was more boat than I needed. FWIW, The Mirrocraft is now sold off and it's ben replaced with a Grumman Fisherman with a 15. It's not the larivee but it's allot closer.

Great advice and this is why I still have two boats. The new one is 4x as heavy and maybe more than I want or need. Bought it late in the season, so haven't even splashed her yet.