Should my motor be faster? see video *updated w/ prop pics *

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BassNBob said:
I have a 2000 25 Nissan electric start, tiller handle, on a 14 foot Nova ultra jon and yesterday on the lake it was running 24mph with me only. My motor is set up on the fourth hole from the transom. I just recently installed a 70 inch 3/4" deck on the front and covered the rear bench with 3/4" plywood which added more weight. If you go to the Nissan Outboard Forum they have Q&A for these issues also and hoh to convert your 25 to a 30 HP. Just a suggestion. I'm satisified with my speed for now, I just wish I had a steering wheel. Good luck.

good lookin boat you got there bob. you wouldn't by any chance have a link for the 25-30 conversion? having troubles finding it.

well i was looking at my prop today and i'm sure it is trashed.
hmm029.jpg

hmm032.jpg

this would slow me down quite a bit i would think?

Ya that probably will slow you down a bit and throw the water a bit funny behind the boat also.
It's not trashed though,you can get them repaired cheaply($20).I often take mine and just beat it with a rubber hammer on some wood,till it "looks"good.It isn't even missing any big chunks yet so it's not trashed.
If it were mine I'd hit it with a hammer,it doesn't look that bad BUT thats just my opinion and what I would do if it were mine.

Zum said:
Ya that probably will slow you down a bit and throw the water a bit funny behind the boat also.
It's not trashed though,you can get them repaired cheaply($20).I often take mine and just beat it with a rubber hammer on some wood,till it "looks"good.It isn't even missing any big chunks yet so it's not trashed.
If it were mine I'd hit it with a hammer,it doesn't look that bad BUT thats just my opinion and what I would do if it were mine.
hitting stuff with a hammer is always a good way to go.... i may give it a shot

Blindly hitting it with a hammer is good for emergencies but you are going to ruin your pitch and cup doing that.

Since you are worried about top speed, you won't be doing yourself any favors.

Take it to a prop shop and let them get it back into specs.

After they finish with it, then you may want to do this if you hit obstructions on a regular basis: https://www.in-fisherman.com/walleye_insider/articles/wi1406_Props/

Quackrstackr is right.
I don't consider my motor a high performance outboard and as long as it doesn't shake the crap out of me,I'm good with it.If your looking for the best performance have it repaired by someone who knows what they are doing.
Never thought of building a mold,thats something I'm going to try...if I ever get another new prop.

Latest posts